Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered some night sights for my OSP XDS mod.2 and it turns out that the rear sight dovetail is narrower on the OSP than on the original XDS mod.2, anyone know of a company making rear night sights for this gun?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just ordered some night sights for my OSP XDS mod.2 and it turns out that the rear sight dovetail is narrower on the OSP than on the original XDS mod.2, anyone know of a company making rear night sights for this gun?
I too, am desperately looking for night sites that will work with the XD-S mod 2 OSP. Has anyone found any? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if anyone is making them still, but I was able to modify the SpeedSights for the regular XDS to work with my OSP.

Disclaimer: So many things could go wrong here, vibration is bad for tritium vials, metal dust is toxic, accuracy could suffer, you could injure yourself or others. Don't do it... I did, but if you decide to try that's on you.

I just took a piece of plywood and cut it at 20 degrees then glued 80 grit sandpaper to it and belt sanded the face a bit to make the sandpaper perfectly match the edge. Then I spent a few hours very carefully removing a bit at a time measuring with a digital caliper to make sure it was parallel to the side I hadn't sanded yet. After making up half the difference on one face of the dovetail I flipped it around and removed the same from the other side. I then removed enough of the front body of the sight on the belt sander to prevent it from interfering with the red dot. (used a clamp to hold it... otherwise small things tend to sprout wings)

Rectangle Wood Grey Hardwood Wood stain
Gesture Finger Wrist Tattoo Thumb
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Font Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Bumper Finger Automotive exterior
Human body Gesture Thumb Thigh Wood

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from the range, holy cow these speed sights are great! Instant improvement for my shooting. Going from a blacked out rear sight to 3 diamonds that line up is so much easier!

Money very well spent IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts