Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Deep South where sweating is just part of life. My primary carry piece is an XDS Mod 2 9mm. Most of my holsters do a good job of keeping the sweat away. I‘m considering adding an OSP model but I’m concerned about the high moisture content affecting the red dot lens. Has anyone had sweat affected the usability of the optic? TIA

·
Registered
98 Posts
I live in MIddle TN and it gets pretty hot but the main point is that I have always been a very heavy sweater, as was my father.
Anyway, I have had a XDs .45 for many years and carry it regularly with no problem to the optics or anything. These things are beast as far as durability and mine has had thousands of rounds through it, been dropped, run over by my tractor, etc and keeps running and gunning.
You won't have any problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in MIddle TN and it gets pretty hot but the main point is that I have always been a very heavy sweater, as was my father.
Anyway, I have had a XDs .45 for many years and carry it regularly with no problem to the optics or anything. These things are beast as far as durability and mine has had thousands of rounds through it, been dropped, run over by my tractor, etc and keeps running and gunning.
You won't have any problem.
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Live in PR, where it can get as hot or even hotter and more humid than in your neck of the woods, have the same gun and not a single issue regarding the red dot lens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts