Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disassembled my XDS Mod 2 45 acp. Everything went back fine except the grip safety spring. I have installed the spring but when I press the grip safety there is no tension on the safety.

Can't figure out how to position the spring to gain tension. Need suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video 835mag. I think that might work. I saw a step I was not doing. Thanks again.

Reactions: BassCliff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I am still not understanding. Please see the attached photos that may better explain my problem.

I cannot seem to line up the grip safety and the springs to get tension on the grip safety lever.

Found lots of info for the original XDS but the Mod 2 is different.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do the grip safety arm and the spring line up?

·
Registered
988 Posts
The original and mod 2 share the same internal frame parts. I believe the video holds the steps needed to correctly reassemble. I know it can be tricky holding the trigger bar in the up position and getting the grip safety arm and spring in the correct position. It looks like the top arm of the grip safety is not under the sear. I believe the top arm of the spring needs to be applying up pressure to the bottom of the sear.

·
Registered
988 Posts

I went and looked at my spare sear housing. This is what the grip safety spring should look like. Notice the arm of the grip safety protruding through opposite the top arm of the grip safety spring.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume the longer arm of the spring sits next to the trigger. How does it sit in the housing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks 835mag for the help. I finally got everything to fit properly.

Reactions: 835mag
1 - 10 of 10 Posts