Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im new to this particular group & unfortunately, a trigger job gone wrong is what led me here & i need any help i can get, i know this question has been gone over before, but from what i can find, none of the previously mentioned questions have been the same as the issue im having. The pistol is a XD Mod 2 .45 cal, i recently replaced the factory trigger with the Galloway precision spring kit & Einar trigger kit, i had a few minor issues with the grip safety but overall with pause, rewind, & a hd screen, installation wasn't too much of a problem, or so i thought lol. I put everything back together, had no missing or leftovers parts anyway, put the slide back on & racked it & it seemed the trigger was working properly. I couldn't make it to the range for a few days so im on youtube watching other install videos & notice something that I didn't remember doing when i installed the einar trigger, so i go to remove the slide & that's where my trouble began. I can not get the slide off to save my friggin life. I can rack it all day, i can load magazines with & without ammo, but when i try to remove the slide, the trigger will not depress at all. Now i have tried diff methods I've found online as far as depressing the sear & have been unsuccessful. I depressing the safety grip like normal, the take down lever is in the right position, but something is catching somewhere internally & not allowing the slide to come off. I have used picks to try & push the sear down further, thinking maybe it hadnt been seated properly, no luck. I have shined lights in the pistol from every opening you can possible shine light in, thru, & around & i can't see anything catching or anything that jumps out at me as being the problem in releasing the slide, ive spent hours & hours & more hours looking & researching pictures, forums, & videos from every corner of the interwebs, no luck whatsoever. There are no local gunsmiths in my area i can take the pistol to, so that's what led me to you guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated, right now in stuck & to the point im ready to climb on the roof of a tall building & see how many gainers i can pull out over the pavement lol, its so frustrating & ive ran out of all options as far as what to check or do next so im hoping somebody here has experienced something similar to this & can maybe give me some kind of pointers to get me on the right track. I like doing things on my own because i like to be able to fix things myself & not have to rely on another human for everything, & ive installed at least a dozen ar triggers, but there's nothing all that complicated as far as they go, so i thought i could tackle this job the same & i think i gave myself too much credit because i obviously messed something up somewhere. Please help me lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts