Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XDS Mod 2 in 45 probably 3 years ago. Its one of my favorite carry guns that I own. Not long after purchasing it, I went to a garage sale and found a ziplock bag full of 5, 6, and 7 round mags for $50... I couldn't say no.

I was sadly disappointed that I couldn't fit the 7 round mag in my pistol. All of the mags were for the original XDS 45. I've searched and found this site with others asking about the 7 round in a Mod 2; the answer was always no. I called Springfield at that time and they told me that they had no plans to create a Mod 2 sleeve for the 7 round mag; only the 6 (which I have a few of ;) )

After deciding to take it upon myself... and many trial and error designs... For your viewing pleasure:

I may tweak the design a little bit as I go, but it works perfectly for me right now. Mags insert and drop without issue, grip is very nice. I tried to "mimic" the OEM texture, but my rendering software wasn't agreeing with it. It is made with PETG filament.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! Are you prepared to mass produce them?
I'm not sure... Each one takes 4 hours to print. I'm more worried about liability reasons and someone trying to sue me for a small plastic part if something goes wrong somewhere else. I'm running 4 mags with them with no issues, but all it takes is 1 person.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
I believe I have two 7 round Mod 1 45 Mags, but I don't have a Mod 2 45 so I'm good. I do have two XDS40 Mod 1 and 2, but think they only had 7 round extended mags, not 8, so I have several of both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my XDS Mod 2 in 45 probably 3 years ago. Its one of my favorite carry guns that I own. Not long after purchasing it, I went to a garage sale and found a ziplock bag full of 5, 6, and 7 round mags for $50... I couldn't say no.

I was sadly disappointed that I couldn't fit the 7 round mag in my pistol. All of the mags were for the original XDS 45. I've searched and found this site with others asking about the 7 round in a Mod 2; the answer was always no. I called Springfield at that time and they told me that they had no plans to create a Mod 2 sleeve for the 7 round mag; only the 6 (which I have a few of ;) )

After deciding to take it upon myself... and many trial and error designs... For your viewing pleasure:

View attachment 832102

I may tweak the design a little bit as I go, but it works perfectly for me right now. Mags insert and drop without issue, grip is very nice. I tried to "mimic" the OEM texture, but my rendering software wasn't agreeing with it. It is made with PETG filament.
Would you be willing to send me the file for this?? I could really use it. This is awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 832102

Have you started selling yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts

View attachment 832102

If you decide to start selling them, put me on the list. Nicely done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts