Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to this forum. I got my XDS 45 a couple of weeks ago and love it! I have been reading through the many boards and forums about the different makes/models, etc.

I understand the holster choice is a very personal one. That being said.
I have selected four models ranging in price (low to high) and I would like to hear your comments on these selections to help me decide which one I will choose.

1. AlienGear IWB Holster
2. Theis Cowhide IWB Holster
3. Crossbreed MiniTuck
4. Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've learned not to criticize my wife's closet full of handbags, because if I did and she ever saw all the holsters I have, she'd be justified in .......retribution.

Any hoot, the Alien Wear has my attention at its price, and I've never heard of anyone dissing a crossbreed. The other two I don't know.

Not to complicate your decision, but more of sharing, for my primary daily carry, I have a Remora that I love when my day is complicated with frequent arm, disarm, leave in car or other location, rearm, etc. (damn PFZs!). No clips, protects weapon, and stays put IWB. I also have a N82 tactical that is great for all day comfort, but holds onto my pistol a little too much during a draw (for my taste). And I also have a Versacarry for that same gun that I use on occasion.

Having said all that, If you are like many of us, you'll buy one to start, and add to your collection. Happy carrying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a hybrid type holster from White Hat that I bought used on Gunbroker. I think any of the ones you listed once broken in will be about equal in comfort and they have the same basic construction and design. If I were to buy another one I would buy the Alien Gear due to price.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
The N82 Tactical Professional is my hands down favorite.

I've got several holsters, but none are as comfy as this.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

Duane
+1 on the N82 Pro. My 2 favorite IWBs for the XDs are this & the Theis single clip cowhide.

I personally don't like the dual clip holsters. Tried one, didn't like it. To each their own ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck Shorty I bought from their seconds store (Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters). I've trimmed it to where it is close to a MiniTuck and I also added the combat cut since I did not feel like I was getting a firm enough grip on the draw without it. Finally, I replaced the metal clips with their J-clips for better concealment and because the metal ones were chewing up my belt. So for a similar setup I'd be buying a MiniTuck with J-clips (it already has a combat cut) for $77.75 plus shipping.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with another brand - the Alien Gear has my attention to be honest, but there are a few others I'd have to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Crossbreed but I think for the price you can do as well, perhaps better, with another brand.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
" I also have a N82 tactical that is great for all day comfort, but holds onto my pistol a little too much during a draw (for my taste)." http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1
There is a very simple modification that you can do to the N82 tactical professional holster that will reduce its retention level to a very secure but still easy to draw effort level.

I'm not going to post it again, because of the negative feedback from the first time around.

If you're interested, do a search on this forum.

Duane

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I carry my XDs in a Crossbreed Mini, I also have a N82 Tactical that I've never use so I can't comment on that. I have a Alien Gears Holster but it's for my G19 and my XDm .45 which I love, you can't go wrong with the AG.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wanted to get a crossbreed but I'm a bit impatient and ended up getting the comp-tac instead. The comp-tac is a bit expensive, but I like it. It seems a bit better made than some of the others though I'm not sure that fully justifies the price. Also the clips and long bottom cut of the leather might be better suited to larger guns (I prefer the comp-tac when carrying my glock 19). One of the things that drew me to the comp-tac was that I could buy shells and swap them out. The next holster I try will probably be AlienGear given the price and the fact that it can also swap kydex shells.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Yeah, that's one thing that I like about the AG beside the fact that it's price reasonably is the swapping out the shell. I got the AG for my XDm but when I bought my 19 I had them to send me the shell for it. They have a lifetime warranty on the holster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Depends on what you like, all leather, hybrid, kydex, but if you like a minimalist holster that is readily available and very affordable, check out onyoursixdesigns. Fast service, many holsters in stock and mine was $37 shipped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use OldFaithful IWB. I actually got one first for my full size FNX-45, which I didn't think I could comfortably wear concealed (and have it actually be concealed). I was so surprised and impressed with it I got one for the XDs. I really love it. I can even wear it with shorts and no belt and a t-Shirt. I don't have much experience with other brands and styles of IWB so I can't really comment and compare other than saying I am more than happy with it and it's very comfortable.

·
Registered
503 Posts
There are so many good hybrid holster makes these days. I've tried several, including the Crossbreed, Theiss, and MTAC. My personal favorite is the Black Mamba by Concealment Solutions...very little wait time, great price, and free trial period.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a newbie to this forum. I got my XDS 45 a couple of weeks ago and love it! I have been reading through the many boards and forums about the different makes/models, etc.

I understand the holster choice is a very personal one. That being said.
I have selected four models ranging in price (low to high) and I would like to hear your comments on these selections to help me decide which one I will choose.

1. AlienGear IWB Holster
2. Theis Cowhide IWB Holster
3. Crossbreed MiniTuck
4. Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster

Thanks for your time
I would give the WHITE HAT microtuck a serious look...Yes it is one of the more expensive ones, but you can keep it forever...it has removalable kydex shells. SO...in the event you sell your xds...you dont need to get rid of your holster...you can simply buy a new kydex shell for 25 bucks for whatever gun you get or...like others...maybe you carry 3 different pistols depending on your mood...well you can buy three different kydex shells and use the one holster...simply unscrewing 6 screws to change the kydex shell is easy. This way you always have your nicely broken-in holster. Just my two cents

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.