Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which, if any law enforcement agencies have adopted the XD as their issue service pistol? Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I thought I read on here a month ago or something that Salt Lake City was adopting the xd

·
Registered
453 Posts
I googled it and found a few that were starting to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yup...thats was it ...OKC...I knew it was something like that

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
A few, but if we really cared here, we prolly would have bought a Glock :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not issued, but the L.V.M.P.D. let's you buy it and use it. LVMPD gives you a Smith & Wesson 9mm at the academy or lets you buy from an approved list. The XD is on that list.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Believe it or not, I heard that the USDA had either decided to go with the XD or were considering the XD. I guess even the USDA has some armed agents....

·
Registered
137 Posts
xd is an officer purched option here at Gallaway P.D.
although it took some to convence the chief that it was a single action in
name only.
we have had several officers change from glock and sig to xd,
everyone who has changed are shooting better scores and are very happy
with there xd. :D

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Our agency doesn't issue, so we carry what we want.

·
Registered
387 Posts
pistol fixer said:
name only.
I don't understand the "SA in name only" thing.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
pistol fixer said:
name only.
I don't understand the "SA in name only" thing.
It's more a technicality than anything. When you chamber a round, it cocks the striker fully. All the trigger does is release it.
On a Glock...chambering a round only partially stages the striker. Pulling the trigger fully cocks it and fires.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's more a technicality than anything. When you chamber a round, it cocks the striker fully. All the trigger does is release it.
On a Glock...chambering a round only partially stages the striker. Pulling the trigger fully cocks it and fires.
I have to say I honestly don't understand this fully. I realize there is a technical difference between the two but is there a realistic difference?

I also have a 92 baretta and when I cock the hammer on that gun it takes almost nothing the pull the trigger (since the pull is so extremely short) but the XD by comparison has a massive trigger uptake. Are people hearing single action and simply assuming it has a trigger similar to the 92?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
The trigger basically feels like the Glock, but the difference is in the position of the striker. Strikers don't retract a trigger like a traditional hammer does, as it is cocked.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My department carries them as a option, and for the price we get them at, everyone buys one.....I also know that Wyanet P.D. and Kewanee P.D. and Silvis P.D. in my area are carrying them also....

I was told by SA that a dela had been struck with Tempe Az, as primary duty weapon...

Tom :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts