Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a holster for my XDs. Mainly a IWB holster. The one I had found that I did like was the Bianchi model 135. Unfortunately they don't make one for the XDs. It's a leather and kydex hybrid. The models they do have it for is the XD and XDm. I'm not really concerned with retention when I'm not wearing it. I'm an just wondering if you can get an XDs to fit a molded XD or XDm holster. I've checked the slide withs and they are pretty close. The xds is 1" vs the XDm at 1.18". I know that is a little over an 1/8". However I've gathered that holster tend to be tight anyway. I'm just wondering if this holster will work with my XDs.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't know about the Bianchi, but I used my Old Faithful Holster from my 4.5" XDm for a couple of months before purchasing one for my XDs. The kydex was a little long but it still worked. Now I use my XDm holster for my iPhone 5 in an Otterbox case.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I use my Raven Phantom kydex pancake holster for my XDs even though it is made for my XDsc. It is a little loose but the retention is on the trigger guard so it is secure. When I first got my XDs I used the shell on my Alien Gear hybrid until I could get the correct shell. Although I had to completely rework how the shell mounted to get enough retention on my XDs. I also have a Galco Stow & Go leather IWB holster that works for either of my guns.

If you are using a leather holster IWB it should work with either the XDs or XD/XDm guns. If you are using a hybrid holster the kydex part may not work the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with firearmholsters, a supporter of this site. Very satisfied and at an affordable price. It was my first, and only, cc so I do not have anything to compare it to, but it works for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts