Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a gazillion threads on holsters but I'm seeking updated info.

I'm picking up a XDs 3.3 9mm within the next 60 days and would like to know what IWB holsters you are all using. Probably going to carry this 4 to 5 o'clock with an extended mag at 9 o'clock. I'm also open to appendix carry considering this is slim pistol.

My current carry is an XD sub 40 which I carry at 4 o'clock in a Foxx "Little Foxx" holster (I have a few other holsters for my sub 40 too). The XDs will be an alternate carry option and not an outright replacement for my XD sub.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I also have an XDsc 40 and an XDs 3.3 9mm. I use an Alien Gear hybrid for both guns. I have shells for both. Although I found out that my Raven Concealment Phantom made for my XDsc fits my XDs secure enough to carry it in. Currently I carry my XDs IWB in my Alien Gear and my XDsc OWB in my Raven when I can, mainly when I where a suit coat to church. IWB I prefer my XDs OWB it is a toss up although I still like the weight of the XDS but I like the larger caliber and more rounds of the XDsc.

I carry IWB about 4:30 and OWB about 3:00.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks spxdsc40. I've been thinking along the same lines, XDs IWB, then when I can carry OWB, I'll use my XD sub 40. BTW, my "church" gun is my LCP, front pocket, Blackhawk pocket holster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an XDs .45 that I carried for just under a year. I tried both a crossbreed and a multiholster. I think in the end I used the multiholster more and the convenience won me over.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an XDs .45 that I carried for just under a year. I tried both a crossbreed and a multiholster. I think in the end I used the multiholster more and the convenience won me over.
Not familar with Multiholster, will check them out, thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After lots of web research and You Tube videos, I purchased these holsters:

XDS - Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra
XD SC 40 - Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC. I can also buy a XDS kydex shell for this model if I choose.

I have tried a few custom holsters and have never been completely satisfied, so I've always been on the lookout for something better. I'm quite optimistic these will work. I'll update this thread after I've had some time with them. I hope I'm done spending money on holsters for a while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts