Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own two XDm's (9mm and 45ACP) and picked up a XDs 3.3 45acp. Nice gun. Being small and being that I have big hands, it took some getting used to. Generally grabbing the trigger a bit further on the finger helped me.

But while practicing malfunctions, I have one problem. During the failure to extract, you need to lock the slide back. I keep hitting the guard below the slide lock and fail to push up the slide lock.

The XD and XDM's don't have that ridge below the slide lock.

Looking for opinions about removing that ridge in the frame below the slide lock and if there are any known negatives for doing that(void warrenty)? I can not imagine doing that would void the warrenty...

Thoughts?
Lyle Giese

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You say you have big hands.
I believe that border around the slide lock is to keep one from accidently locking the mag with one's thumb knuckle during live fire.
I was dry firing it again and I normally just grab the gun and go for it. I shoot well and just make sure my thumbs are not behind the slide<GRIN>!

I looked at my grip and noticed my thumb on my firing hand is below the cutout for it and my support thumb is crossed over the strong thumb. No where close to the slide lock.

Now to find a gunsmith that will take a little off the frame...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts