Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to make a quick post, as I just got home from work, and its 1:00am...and I am tired!

I was told by the Chief of Police for a larger city close to me, that he was at Springfield this week, and talking with Lexi...he was told that Mesa Arizona Police Department has adopted the XD as a issued weapon...To my knowledge folks, if this is true, this is the first major Police Department to adpot this weapon......The Cook County Sheriff's department also has added the XD in the list of authorized weapons to carry...

This is cool!

Thanks for the time and good night!

Tom :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
USN RM3 said:
The Cook County Sheriff's department also has added the XD in the list of authorized weapons to carry...
Really? My brother is in the academy currently (for corrections but will test for the street when his probation is up) and I didn't see the XD on the list. Perhaps the street cops have a different list to choose their firearms from?

And I am also testing to be a PO.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Verm said:
This is great news. About time some big departments realized the quality and function of the XDs.
Also, in an era of shrinking budgets the XD's start looking better all the time. Still probably one of the cheapest duty-ready pistols out there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Z Ghost, Its either the Cook County S.O. or the Cook County Forest Preserve Police....I can't remember, I got lost after hearing about Mesa!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Considering that many depts. have been rotating out their older Glock Gen I's and II's, I would not be suprised to see a few switch over to XD for the cost factor alone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm...don't know if this will catch on as Glock practically gives away their guns to LE...If SA would hard chrome their slides, I think alot of departments would consider them...

·
Registered
120 Posts
about three weeks ago i called LVMPD to see if the XD was on their approved list. it is, so i bought the gun, as i want to test for them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lodraw said:
i live in mesa, i'll keep my eyes pealed.
If I am not mistaken, they will have to go through the usual transition period, for a new firearm, I am not sure what they have now, but they will have to phase them into the Police Department....This is going to be the first "major police department" with the XD's. I am going back to springfield later this week...I'll talk to Lexi again.... :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts