Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XDs was having off center light primer strikes because it was failing to return fully to battery. I read on a few threads here that putting the Tripp Research springs in the magazines would help solve this issue. I did that and went to the range to try it out today. They were right the issue was solved. I shot 50 rounds of federal bulk ammo and no matter how weak I gripped the pistol it always returned fully to battery and had 0 light strikes. I then shot 50 rounds of Tula and again had 0 light strikes, however I did have multiple failures where the spent casing was getting stuck in the chamber. Which had never happened before with Tula or any other ammo. I then switched back to federal for another 50 rounds and perfection again. Any ideas why the Tripp Research springs would cause my gun to not be able to cycle Tula?

Edit: I forgot to mention I also cut about 2mm off the green rubber extractor spring, did this a couple weeks back but hadn't shot it since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used to have issues with light strikes when I first got mine but after breaking it in...no problems. I was having issues where it failed to feed. After I shot, the new round would get stuck at an angle as it tried to load.

When I shipped my gun out for the recall, I told Springfield Armory about my issue. The sent the gun back and adjusted the extractor. Now I am having the same issue as you.

I went to the range yesterday and 7 times my gun failed to extract the spent shell casing. Most of the time it was stuck partially in the barrel. I'd have to drop the magazine and then remove the shell. I did notice that the next bullet always had a nick on it from impacting the spent shell casing.

The rounds I was using were Federal. It's very frustrating as I love shooting the gun and I shoot it very well. It's supposed to be my conceal carry, but if it isn't going to go bang every time...I can't rely on it and won't be carrying it.

I have contacted Springfield Armory. We shall see what they say.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was shooting this last weekend to break the gun in. I was shooting and young man was also shooting the gun. I didn't have any light strikes he had several. We were loading from the same ammo can filled with reloads. It got kinda comical. I didn't have a single hiccup. The more I think about it, it might have been a grip issue for sure. He has no problem with 45s. He is hoping his dad will sell him his XDS45. Just speculating. Personally I want to add the Tripp springs for added reliability.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts