Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. 1st post but a XDM owner since around 2014 and XDS owner since 2016. Im getting around to mod my XDS. Im bought the PRP complete spring kit and also bought the Galloway Precision Einar trigger. I cannot find any reviews for ther Einar trigger.... good or bad. Anyone here have any direct feedback from either owning an Einar equipped XDS or shot an XDS with it? I bought the trigger mostly because i thought it would look cool Duracoated to match my slide and also to cut some of the triggers total travel. Yeah...i possibly should have asked before ordering the thing...

·
Registered
31 Posts
watching this as I just bought a new xds mod 2 and looking at trigger upgrades. of course I want to shoot before any tweaking and will. but new out of the box the last bit of travel for the new trigger is just a bit gritty. I compared it to my xd-45 that has the prp trigger kit. the prp tirgger kit for th xd is a very nice system, breaks clean and not gritty, short reset.

Have you installed the prp spring kit yet? big difference?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Both the PRP kit ( deluxe one with the sear) and the Einar trigger arrive tomorrow. Ill install them tomorrow night, spend the next day dry firing the crap out of it and hopefully take her out to the range this weekend. Im planning on putting about 300-500 rounds through her to make sure she works flawless. If everything works in harmony Ill disassemble the trigger and a few other components so I can duracoat them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
how did this turn out? I am looking at the mods but truly would like to see some feedback. I know my xd-45 with the prp trigger kit made all the difference in the world. i think the nicest part of my xd trigger is the short reset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20200304_080633.jpg
20200304_080640.jpg
20200304_080633.jpg
20200304_080640.jpg
There combination worked fine. I shot about 300 fmj rounds through it. I had 2 light primer strikes which I know was not caused by bad primers. I reloaded there light stroked rounds and they fired on the 2nd try. The striker channel is clean and unobstructed. I don't lube thr striker either. Many folks have had to change out the PRP striker spring because of light primer strikes. PRP has a back up spring (I've heard) that they'll send you if this happens. Other then the 2 rounds the xds fired like a dream. My shot groups are much tighter because the trigger has less travel and the break is lighter minimizing trigger pull. It feels like a better more expensive gun. I don't feel like I'm fighting the gun anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
funny my pistol is the inverse color pattern as yours, thanks for the reply. I have ordered the spring set and will order the trigger soon. xds5.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
I like Galloway, a lot. So I ordered the trigger, it came in yesterday and I installed it . BTW, you won`t have to mess with the sear spring, if you don`t let it fall out. Not really hard, to put the sear spring in, after you do it a few times.
About that trigger, The bottom of the trigger face has that little spur that did not like my trigger finger. I had to change my grip to make the blade safety disengage without catching.' All and All ' not good for me, I put the stock trigger back in my XDS.
I suggest anyone wanting to try the flat trigger, watch the Galloway video, it`s well done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like Galloway, a lot. So I ordered the trigger, it came in yesterday and I installed it . BTW, you won`t have to mess with the sear spring, if you don`t let it fall out. Not really hard, to put the sear spring in, after you do it a few times.
About that trigger, The bottom of the trigger face has that little spur that did not like my trigger finger. I had to change my grip to make the blade safety disengage without catching.' All and All ' not good for me, I put the stock trigger back in my XDS.
I suggest anyone wanting to try the flat trigger, watch the Galloway video, it`s well done.
I am looking to buy the Galloway trigger. I am just wondering do you have small fingers that do not disengage the safety? I have heard good things and just wanted to know more detail why you could not get it to work for you? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am looking to buy the Galloway trigger. I am just wondering do you have small fingers that do not disengage the safety? I have heard good things and just wanted to know more detail why you could not get it to work for you? Thanks ahead of time.
Sorry I am soo late with this;
Nope, got large paws. I did not have any function problems at all. The "ridge" on the bottom face of the trigger, was hurting my finger after about 30 pulls. With my grip, on the draw of the holster, the safety blade felt like I was pushing it in at a angle so I had to adjust the position of my finger to engage the safety smoothly.
I hope this explains my post. And, it did not "hickup" even once :wink:. The trigger just did not work for me, but at that price for a flat trigger it was worth a try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just installed the Einar trigger. I guess I have average size hands. I noticed that unless I get a perfect trigger pull, ie depress the safety lever before the body of the trigger moves, the rear of the safety lever catches against the back of the housing. This appears to only happen on the first “shot” as resetting the trigger and firing doesn’t seem to be a problem, I guess because of the short travel to reset doesn’t position the rear of the lever out of the frame.
As I said, my fingers are probably on the short side and someone with longer fingers or larger hands may not have this problem. I could remove a small amount of material off the rear end of the safety lever and solve the issue easily enough. For the price I’m not complaining, it was worth trying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all. 1st post but a XDM owner since around 2014 and XDS owner since 2016. Im getting around to mod my XDS. Im bought the PRP complete spring kit and also bought the Galloway Precision Einar trigger. I cannot find any reviews for ther Einar trigger.... good or bad. Anyone here have any direct feedback from either owning an Einar equipped XDS or shot an XDS with it? I bought the trigger mostly because i thought it would look cool Duracoated to match my slide and also to cut some of the triggers total travel. Yeah...i possibly should have asked before ordering the thing...
this may be a little late but i have the springs and trigger in my 3.3 xds 9mm and it has my total and complete faith that it will protect me and go bang every time. i also have a xdm with a prp trigger and spring kit installed and a saint pistol and have not had any issues with any of the platforms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts