Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local gunshop today and just happened to pick up a 2005 Winchester Ammo Catalog and guess what brand they show in the personel defense and target ammo sections The Springfield XD. They also show some guy :roll: i think you guys might know him Shooting What we can only believe to be an XD.

F.Y.I.
Ryan_B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Ryan,
I'm new to the XD myself, so to see someone else using it makes me
feel pretty good too. I would like to hear from some tactical users
though.I feel confident leaving a round chambered in my Glocks, but
wonder if anyone feels the same about their XD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's Rob Leatham, he's springfield sponsered shooter.
That makes me think that its more than a coincidence that
they have XD in there as well. Looks more like advertising within
advertising

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yeah, XD's are catching on, and it's about time. Everyone I've shown mine to has liked it, and I chose it over HK's, Sigs and Glocks based on the safety features and it's feel in my hand.

And I keep mine with a mag full of CorBons, but NOT, I repeat NOT one in the chamber. (Refer to the "Ever Have a Accidental Discharge?" thread, page 3)

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote="And I keep mine with a mag full of CorBons, but NOT, I repeat NOT one in the chamber. (Refer to the "Ever Have a Accidental Discharge?" thread, page 3)[/quote]

The reason I bought my XD is because of the safety features. The gun cannot be fired unless the grip safety is depressed and the trigger is pulled at the same time. If the weapon is properly holstered then there should not be any issues with carrying it with a round in the chamber. Accidental discharges are horrible, but show me one where an XD went off on its own while being carried in a holster. All the accidental discharges I have been reading about involve operator error.

P

·
0 Posts
Whoa! Whorehey, how is the weather in your part of AL right now? The weather people are saying we are all going to die from Tornados and Hail the size of chihuahuas.

I carry mine with one in the chamber. I never ever ever ever step over anyone one with it (like my kids) or allow the muzzle to cover anyone even while holstered. What if something breaks? It won't be much comfort that it wasn't my finger's fault.

I keep it with just the mag loaded in my safe, though.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I always carry with a round chambered. I also practice my draw stroke, and can do it without depressing the grip safety, and I keep my fingers outside the trigger guard until I need to put one in there.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
if you carry with no round in the chamber.... you asking to be killed.....

you might as well just carry a hammer around with you, it would do the same damage.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
rooster,

+1

Think about your reaction time if you had to load your weapon everytime. You should just throw the gun at the BG.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I keep mine at home without one in the pipe. I went back to my "No live rounds chambered in the house" Rule after having a Negligent Discharge. Inside my home the benefits aren't worth the risk. Now please don't conjure up "Bad Guy jumps from closet" scenarios for me, I'm still paranoid after my ND. :oops: :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If my XD is on my hip then there's one in the chamber. Otherwise it doesn't really do me much good. I don't, however, keep one chambered at home at night. I think that I need to be at least awake enough to chamber a round after picking up a gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts