Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sure by now most everyone has seen this XD-45 pic:

It's one of my favorites, but I always wonder how the pattern looked at the other end? I'll bet we've all fired off a full mag as fast as we can just for fun, but can any of you do it with any accuracy? We can't all be Jerry Miculeck, but I can't even keep it on paper (and it ain't even that fast!:razz:) You?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Thats cool, I've never seen that pic before.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Thats BS pic... Even at 600rpm, you couldn't get the casing that close..
I'd tend to agree, but it could be an illusion due to the angle. The casings could be spread over several feet if the camera was just off the line of ejection. IMO. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd tend to agree, but it could be an illusion due to the angle. The casings could be spread over several feet if the camera was just off the line of ejection. IMO. ;)
I've thought it might be doctored as well. If not, that guy's REALLY fast. I think it's possible, but I don't know anyone that fast (hence this thread;)) Either way, I like it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing, nickb. It is deffinately the camera angle that makes them look closer than they are, or its photoshopped.

·
Registered
463 Posts
is it possible that this gun was converted to full auto like many glocks seem to have been? Is this even possible with an XD?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I'm 6 shots in 3.2 seconds with my XD45Tactical.... but not all A hits.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
FAIL!! That is a big-time photoshop job.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awww, c'mon now! It's admittedly possible the pic was altered for effect, but that's not the point of this thread. I only meant it to be some eye-candy to go along with the question: Can you shoot fast with any accuracy? Just for fun.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
764 Posts
Typically the only cameras that could take a picture fast enough to catch the action without motion blur, would only be able to focus on one focal plane. Meaning that if the cases where spaced apart they would all have to be blurred to get a sharp focus on the gun.

Giving that they are all in perfectly focused, and still seem too close together even if factoring in depth spacing issues with a long lens. I say it's a photoshop, also the smoke seems a bit too much.

Anyways for the fun aspect of it, I would say: it would be near impossible to maintain accuracy. I may be largely mistaken, but I believe a full auto pistol tend to operate at 1000rpm, the recoil would be entirely uncontrollable.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts