Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked my XDS 45's little brother the XDS 9MM got it all cleaned up and ready for the range. Hope it runs as good as the 45.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I've only had mine 3 months but have put well over 1,500 rounds through it without a FTF or FTE, with brass cased, aluminum cased ammo, Remington, Winchester, Lawman, Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, Federal and others. Some guns "prefer" one brand or type of ammo over another, I've had no issues with anything chambered and shot.

My advise, get some ammo, go to the range and shoot the crap out of it. If there are problems, first try a different ammo and elimintate that as the first problem.

Enjoy it. ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I got it is so I can shoot a lot more beings it's cheaper then the 45 ammo . I have had no problems to speak of with the 45(1200 or so rounds) keeping it cleaned and lubed well. The trigger is a bit different since I got it back from the recall but I can live with that beings it a carry gun. The trigger on the 9mm seems to be a bit smoother then the 45 so who knows it might take the 45's place to carry daily...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now and love it more each time I shoot it. I have shot about 500 rounds of UMC ammo through it with one failure to fire which I blame on the ammo. I have also shot about 300 rounds of Tulammo through it without any failure to fire or eject. I also use Frog lube on it and clean it after each trip to the range. Love it when I pass cleaning patches through it and it comes out clean. Hope you enjoy yours. Maybe I should get the bigger brother.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The big brother 45xds is a beast of a gun and it makes really big holes... nice carry piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts