Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to these forums. I recently picked up a xds 9mm 3.3 and love it. I have been looking at them for a while and finally made up my mind on the 45 or 9mm dilemma and the only draw back I found so far was the sights. I am not a fan of the stock sights at all. I have trillions on some of my other guns but I am really looking into the speed sights. Does anybody have them on their xds that could comment on the height of them and how well they work?

Thanks for any info in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do look great. Expensive but look very useful and easy to pick up the target. But they look like they sit very high off the slide. I can't really tell from pictures.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to these forums. I recently picked up a xds 9mm 3.3 and love it. I have been looking at them for a while and finally made up my mind on the 45 or 9mm dilemma and the only draw back I found so far was the sights. I am not a fan of the stock sights at all. I have trillions on some of my other guns but I am really looking into the speed sights. Does anybody have them on their xds that could comment on the height of them and how well they work?

Thanks for any info in advance.
Check out the last two pages on this thread. There you will read my thoughts and experience on them. I have also shared pic...

Installed my New Diamond Speed Night Sights Page 8 XDTalk Forums

·
Registered
240 Posts
I though about them when I was looking at sights, but went a bit cheaper.. I wonder how getting gun in and out of holster is with them they look a bit large. I do like them though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I though about them when I was looking at sights, but went a bit cheaper.. I wonder how getting gun in and out of holster is with them they look a bit large. I do like them though.
I have four pistols with them on. They all fit perfectly in the various holsters I use. This was my concern as well before I bought them. I called Speed Sights and received their height info. They assured me that there would be no problem with the height. I still called Springfield Armory and Sig Sauer to get their sight heights. Then I compared them to Speed Sights.

Bottom line, the very small difference that did not affect my four different holsters. On my Sigs, the Speed Sights were the same size and on the XDSCs the front sight was slightly larger .005 inch.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice glad to know, They just appeared a little large. like I said earlier for the price of one set of the speed sights I almost got two sets installed on my weapons. I would like to try those on one of my other weapons though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts