Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of possibly looking into an ankle carry holster for my XDS 9mm.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The reason I would stay away from that is accessibility in the event you need it. Why, may I ask, are you considering an ankle holster?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any suggestions?
What ravnos04 said is quite true. There is no way to get to a pistol in an ankle holster fast.

With that said, I do use one when I have no other option. Awareness and planning are a must. Because if you need it, it's about 20 seconds away.

I use this one and like it with the accompanying mag carrier. Just make sure you fit the snap correctly over the back of the slide and not on the grip safety. Do this after making sure the pistol is unloaded. Then check again. Then check a third time. Then have a friend check. ;-)

Lots of fiddidialing to get it right.

Desantis Apache Holster For Glock 26 Right Hand Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030HMXH8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_V6zUAbDE9ZMAN

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
You know, I have been using my wife's Comfort Tac belly band holster for my XDM until my Stealthgear AIWB get's here. It is actually VERY comfortable. The only other IWB holster I've used is a Vedder LightTuck for my XD9 and that could get uncomfortable really fast. At least with the belly band holster, it's very breathable, comfortable, and accessibility is much improved from an ankle holster. Although, you will have to do draw drills with an adequate timer. I was doing drills last night and found that my draw is at least half a second slower with the belly band. However, I think that I can improve it with more practice.

Reactions: ArtsNCrash

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Crossbreed makes a Ankle holster I will use it for my 911 380 BUG.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Little heavy for an ankle holster don’t you think?
The 911? No! The holster? I guess it is heavier than it needs to be, I don't have enough time with it or any other to know.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I was referring to the XDS being a little heavy not the 911 since this is a XDS thread
Also an ankle holster thread, and the XDS does weigh about 10 ounces more, but it would depend on how much you are moving each day as to if 'too heavy' applies. A personal choice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any of the small XD/XDs/XDe will fit well in the spandex/Velcro ankle holsters. I can’t remember what brand mine is but they’re very popular at gun stores

Reactions: Pandaz3
1 - 11 of 11 Posts