Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you consider the 9rd 9mm magazines practical or just for range use ? Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You know, when I got my mod 2 I immediately purchased several 8 rounders because the 9 rounder was absurdly long. That all changed a few weeks ago after I got a new Clinger IWB holster. It does an incredible job of concealing the 9 rounder and it is now the one I carry every day. I carry at about 2:00. Im not affiliated with Clinger. I was amazed how well it conceal the 9 rounder. Truth be told, I ordered another one tonight so can have one with black and one with brown clips.
Clinger

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I would carry the nine round as a spare if you don't have any luck concealing it like BamBam33. I carry a spare even for my BUG.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why would the 9-round be impractical? I'm pretty sure you'll need to explain that one.

I've been keeping one in the top of my boot for about 4 years, now, and another one in the car. Right now, I have one in a 1911 magazine pouch on my belt. I assumed everyone who carries a subcompact does similar. What am I missing?

Don't some people carry 33-round magazines as spares for their Glocks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do any of you consider the 9rd 9mm magazines practical or just for range use ? Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
I would say it depends on the size of your hand. I have seen guys carry Glock 43's with Plus 2 which would be roughly the same size. just to get a full grip.
If the 9 round gives you a better grip, and that's more important that concealment why not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts