Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why there are no xds 9mm 4.0 pistols available? All shops and internet that I have looked at are "out of stock", and have been for quite a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JeepJack for your resourceful reply, but I was actually interested if there was a Springfield production problem or some other issue.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry, I read your post too fast.
Hard to say why they aren't in stock. I would think the 3.3 is far more popular for conceal carry.
My dad recently bought an XD-S 9 4.0 bi-tone at a local shop, he actually wanted the 3.3 but the shop ordered the 4.0 by mistake.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It is likely being phased out and will be replaced by the Mod.2 variant.

Or not.

They may not replace it with anything. It wasn’t as popular as the 3.3 version which is too bad because it is a fantastic piece.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Alter1 is right. I just got word from Springfield's Customer Service, and I quote:

"That model XDS9409BE was discontinued in January of this year. It is no longer in production."

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
Well, Alter1 is right. I just got word from Springfield's Customer Service, and I quote:

"That model XDS9409BE was discontinued in January of this year. It is no longer in production."
Probably being replaced by the Mod2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is sad to hear; XD-S 4.0 9mm was my 1st pistol, and a fantastic little shooter. It eats up everything I feed it. I've put well over 3,000 rounds of various brands & weights through this firearm with never an issue except 1 misfire, which did have a dent in the primer. This is my current EDC (although I may retire it this year for the XD-E). Everything about it is still factory original, except the Talon grips.

Reactions: Alter1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts