Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my new XDS 9 3.3 last Teusday, took it to the range twice, 125 rounds, traded it today for a Glock 17. The XDS was by far the worst shooting gun I have ever owned. I had a XDM 9 that was awesome. I don't know what the difference is. I hope the new owner fares better.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
To each their own, but I love my XDs 3.3 9mm. This is a very good reason why there are so many good choices for carry. The problem might have been going from a double stack to a single stack. I have a an XDsc .40 and shot a XDs 3.3 .45 and did not like it. My 9mm XDs is totally different and is now my primary EDC. Stay safe and carry what you are most comfortable carrying and shooting. Just make sure you chosen carry gun is one that you will actually carry rather than leave at home because it is heavy and or uncomfortable to wear.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
125r doesn't sound like enough to call it, personally. I have 500r through some of mine that I'm not perfect with yet... But you like what you like I reckon....

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Well, I got my new XDS 9 3.3 last Teusday, took it to the range twice, 125 rounds, traded it today for a Glock 17. The XDS was by far the worst shooting gun I have ever owned. I had a XDM 9 that was awesome. I don't know what the difference is. I hope the new owner fares better.
Personally, I don't think you put enough rounds through it.

Your post doesn't tell us diddly. WHY was it the "worst shooting gun"? If you "don't know what the difference is", how did you make your decision to switch?

Everyone likes something different, but I can put 50 rounds into a 4" circle at 5 yards with my wife's XDS9.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
An XDs to a Glock 17 is an "apples to oranges" moment. They are in no way comparable.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Operator error.

kypix

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a retired firearms instructor I concur with those who say 125 rounds is not enough experience with a new gun to know how well it will suit you. Personal experience with my XDS is that it takes 500+ rounds just to break-in the gun.

If you don't know why the gun doesn't suit you or why you have certain tendancies with the gun then you should spend a few $$$ and illicut the expertise of an instructor to coach you. After coaching and several 100 rounds you will know....

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Heck... It only took me 30 rounds through a rental to know that I didn't like the XD-S3.3. I like the XD-S4.0 a LOT better. :)
And yes... Larger/Heavier pistols CAN mask bad shooting habits. I've lost count of how many threads I've read where someone (Career Military, LE, whatever) who's 'Been Shooting Full-Size/Service Pistols Forever' transition to a Smaller/Lighter (Compact or Subcompact) pistol and initially blame the pistol for what ends up being Shooter Error (aka: a problem with the Nut Behind the Trigger). ;)

To the OP... It's too bad that you couldn't have found an XD-S to shoot (Borrow/Rent/Try) before wasting your money on what you consider a bad choice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The OP, should have placed his post on the GLOCK fourm, they would be glad to hear what he posted. The XDs had no failures it was just, the OP couldn`t shoot it well, not everyone can, BUT a lot of folks can. I bet it ain`t the gun ??
Nothing against the OP or his TWO post, just saying.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
It's obvious the OP has no idea what he's talking about. No details and then compares it to full sized guns. Ignorant post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I'm new here. Just seeing that the OP traded his XD-S 9 for a G17. These two guns can't even be compared. I just purchased an XD-S 9 this weekend and also have a G19. Went to the range today and loved the way the the XD-S handled. My husband was hesitant about the XD-S purchase (he has been campaigning for a G17) and once he shot it he was hooked. He feels like it shoots/handles better than the the G19. I also agree with the posters who says that a couple hundred rounds is not enough to make a final determination on a firearm.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It's obvious the OP has no idea what he's talking about. No details and then compares it to full sized guns. Ignorant post.
His 1st post (in the wrong Sub-Forum) mentioned his XD-S shooting Low-Left. Sound Familiar? :lol: :mrgreen: :roll:

So... 2 Posts...
1st saying that it's shooting Low-Left and the 2nd saying he's already gotten rid of it.
Oh well... At least he gave it a chance to work itself out before jumping ship, eh? :roll:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I was hoping to head more about why he didn't like it or what he expected out of it.
Exactly, kind of why there are forums. Nothing wrong with not liking the gun but a reason would be good. Especially being that a thread was started...seems more like a troll. Then comparing it a full sized gun demonstrates a lack of knowledge. Two guns designed for different reasons.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
His 1st post (in the wrong Sub-Forum) mentioned his XD-S shooting Low-Left. Sound Familiar? :lol: :mrgreen: :roll:

So... 2 Posts...
1st saying that it's shooting Low-Left and the 2nd saying he's already gotten rid of it.
Oh well... At least he gave it a chance to work itself out before jumping ship, eh? :roll:
Sub par shooters blame the gun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts