Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have any issue when feeding the first round in? Seems like it wants to push the point of the bullet down and it gets hung up on the feed ramp!
Thanks In advance

·
Registered
254 Posts
Only had this issue on first time use. Once I got through a magazine or 2, the gun and magazine starred to break in. Since then no issues with range ammo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one mag it seems to be worse with but still does it every now and then with the others. It's worse with the hornady critical defense but regular fmj does it some to

·
Registered
89 Posts
I only have that issue once in awhile when using Hornady Critical Defense.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, I had the same issue when I first got my XDS. I started using Hornady critical defense and got a feeding issue almost every time, even when using the slide release. Don't get discouraged. I sent mine in to SA and they shaved and polished the ramp. I got it back in about 2 weeks and it worked perfect when racked well. Until you break in the spring with a bunch of rounds fired, you are going to have to really rack that baby. Works just perfect when you you man handle her. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I only have that issue once in awhile when using Hornady Critical Defense.
I had the same problem with the the Critical Defense. It happened once on two different trips to the range. I've only put 350 rounds through xds 9 4 inch so I've got a bit more to go for break in. I won't use the Critical Defense for concealed carry until the problem is solved by more rounds down range or sending it back to SA. Have had no problems with JHP of different brands It's a confidence thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put 1 box of 25 of Hornady critical defense through my 9mm with no feeding problems at the range. When I left the range I bought another box thinking it works great. When I popped the mag in with the slide open, dropped the slide with the slide release lever, and it gets stuck on the first round... Suck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This may be the issue I'm having with my xds45. But only with the extended magazine. All 5 round magazines work fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've come to the conclusion that it was just me! I was pulling the slide back and kinda holding on to it as it went forward! If I rack the slide and let it go it does fine with the critical defense. Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ive posted this b4, but in my XDS 4.0, critical defense hangs a lot. I honestly believe the small orange dot "sticks" as its fed - kinda like an eraser would. Winchester white works flawless. For SD, went with Fedreral HST and very happy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts