Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's my first subcompact 45. Felt-recoil is less than I expected from a light weight 45. So far I've shot 455 rounds with NO malfunction of any kind. I really like it! :D

1st session: 205 rounds

• 100 CCI aluminum 230 gr FMJ
  • 50 CCI aluminum 185 gr TMJ Match (very mild recoil!)
  • 50 CCI Brass 230 gr FMJ
  • 5 Remington Golden Saber 230 gr
Note:
- Out of the box the gun was quite heavily oiled. So I did a quick clean (field stripped and wiped out excessive oil on the slide rails, guide rod, and inside the barrel) before going to the shooting range.

2nd session: 240 rounds

• 25 CCI aluminum 230 gr FMJ
  • 25 Federal 230 gr FMJ
  • 50 Herter's Select Grade 230gr FMJ
  • 50 PMC Bronze 230 gr FMJ
  • 50 Remington UMC 230 gr MC
  • 20 Hornady Zombie Max 185 gr
  • 20 Black Hills 185 gr JHP
Notes:
- After the first session I did thorough cleaning including striker removal. I used Birchwood Casey gun scrubber (synthetic safe) to clean the striker and the channel, and put them back bone-dry. The gun was lubed very lightly where indicated by the manual.
- I shot 96 rounds with a free 7-round mag (7 + 1) with no feed problem.

Edited:
Factory test fire date: 03/26/14

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice report. Same as mine, like a Swiss watch. With attitude.

Best CC I've found in 34 yrs of CC and I've tried MANY

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did have one lite primer strike (fired after recocking) out of 50 but they were my reloads (not that that should matter) and I have not performed an initial cleaning of the striker. Winchester brass and primers.

I was getting light hits on my Ruger and finally had to resort to a heavier striker spring to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had 2 light strikes before I cleaned the factory gunk out of the striker channel. After I did they are gone. There was a lot of gunk in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice report. I just bought my XDs 45 3.3. Must of have been nice though to have all that ammo. Cannot wait til I get to the range.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm surprised at the Zombie Max part with no malfunctions. I threw some Critical Duty (same as Zombie Max except red in color) through my XDS, resulting in a couple FTF's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had 2 light strikes before I cleaned the factory gunk out of the striker channel. After I did they are gone. There was a lot of gunk in it.
The factory oil is quite thick. I think it's more like rust preservative.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've now shot about 150rnds of my reloads, mostly 200gn SWC's and about 50 230g jacketed. I'm not the most experienced/practiced shooter but for me the accuracy at up to 15 yards was excellent with me being able to group three shots in the bull whenever I took the time to try. At 25 yards the long hard pull of the trigger causes my aim to wander and while I can hit a 10" plate the shots are all over the place. Hopefully practice will help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cleaned the striker/channel and went out to the back yard and shot another 50 reloads with no issues.
Dirty striker channel is a common cause of light strike. For striker fired pistols, I clean striker channel after each shooting trip and keep it dry. If I don't remove the striker I just blast gun scrubber to the firing pin hole. Junk is washed out at the other end of the channel.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I bought mine used and recall fixed, best $400 I've spent yet! I had two light primer strikes early, cleaned primer channel good and it's been running flawlessly ever since. Congrats and have fun with your new pocket cannon...

My two Springfields have been the best pistols I've ever owned!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was about to get one last year. Then SA issued the recall. So I decided to wait for post-recall reviews. A couple weeks ago a local gun shop had XDS on sale for $470. Also SA still has ongoing 3 free mags promotion. I couldn't resist...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was about to get one last year. Then SA issued the recall. So I decided to wait for post-recall reviews. A couple weeks ago a local gun shop had XDS on sale for $470. Also SA still has ongoing 3 free mags promotion. I couldn't resist...
I also paid $469 at a shop 10 minutes from my house. Another shop 70 min away had it for $409 for the black. Their price on the two tone was only $469 but they didn't have that one in stock. I figured I'd give my business to the small, local guy instead. Just didn't make sense to take the 2.5 hour round trip and the wait to get to the counter just to save 40 bucks after gas. My total time in the local shop was 20 minutes with 15 of that filling out the 4473 and then waiting for the return call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts