Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if anyone is running a viridian laser in front pocket. Either the R5 or the C5L. I know the C5L is on the large size but I like the fact that it has the light as well as the laser. Would like to see if anyone has thought the same or has done It on either. Pictures and input would be great Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using a C5L on my XDS .45 3.3". I carry in business dress pants right front pocket in a Sticky Holster. Absolutely love the pocket carry.

Only issue I have once in a while is that my laser gets activated once in a while and kills the battery before I detect that it's on. I am thinking of adding a Kydex sleeve inside of the sticky holster to help protect the area where the activation buttons are.

I also use an Air Marshall Holster from Kangaroo Carry, a 5.11 Tee Shirt Holster and am waiting for a clevelandkydex holster IWB tuckable custom made to accommodate the c5L.

Holsters have been a little hard to find designed to use the C5L....but I will keep collecting what I find.

I LOVE the light feature incorporated on my C5L. It actually spreads the light out laterally for a wider field of illumination. My favorite mode for nightime is strobe plus laser. Daytime I just use pulsed laser.

But, and this is a BIG but, I do not use the laser 99% of the time while at the range. I strongly believe it should be used to enhance quick target acquisition only after being proficient with standard sights. Not as a crutch or workaround for learning and practicing proper sight usage....just my opinion though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts