Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a XDs 45, 3.3, been through recall. Sequence of events: cycle the slide, dry fire, continue to hold trigger after striker fires, recycle the slide, gently release let up on the trigger.....sometimes I get a smooth re-set (feel the click and hear the re-set....sometimes it's "sticky" ( kind of slowly resets) or just sits there even when I completely take my finger off the trigger. If I give the trigger a little nudge it resets. Bad spring? Dirt in mechanism? Need to send it back to Springfield? I resisted spraying Break Free into the XDs frame, thinking I might be doing more harm than good.

And this happens sporadically...not every time.

Any thoughts? I have not fired it since getting it back from the recall so I am not sure if this sticky trigger reset will also take place with live fire.

What do you think?

·
Registered
345 Posts
It`s a pain to send it back, and if it is just fouling of some sort, a waist of time.
I use a polymer safe cleaner like "shooter`s choice" or "Hornady dry lube and cleaner", that gets the crud out and improves the feel of the reset after a few hunderd rounds fired. A good cleaning may be the answer, and a safe cleaner won`t hurt a thing in that gun.
BTW; I checked my XDS 45 and the trigger reset "click" seem to be stronger sometimes more than other times, but dosen`t stick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good advice from each. I had a shoulder replacement recently so I have been staying away from big bore handguns, but before I send it back, I run a box through her. I really like this weapon. It is amazing how the design seems to tame recoil. It is also every bit as accurate as my Glock 30s, which I sold while keeping the XDs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - Last night I sprayed a small amount of Break Free (using the plastic straw) into the mechanism at the rear of the frame. I cycles the slide a few times and she worked like a champ. Reset is perfect...no glitches. I looked at it this way: if the Break Free doesn't work, I'll send it back to Springfield. If it doesn't, then I'll send it back anyway. I figured that I couldn't make it much worse than it already was.

Thank you both for the advice. And a question: I understood that Springfield was going to return any upgrade pistol to factory specs even if the firearm had been altered. Is that correct?

Best,
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts