Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a number of threads regarding the trigger, but there are hundreds of posts. Hopefully someone can direct me to important posts.

Mine had about 900 rounds through it starting August 2012. Worked perfectly and trigger was okay.

Sent mine in a month ago. Received it a week later and shot a few rounds through it, but didn't spend much time with it.

Gun is clean and lubed. Yesterday put about 30 rounds through it. God awful. Weird/mushy/grindy feel to trigger. Sometimes trigger doesn't reset (slide completely in battery). Just an extremely light tap (fingernail tap) on the grip or on the slide will reset the trigger.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Most people who sent the gun to SA for the recall complain of the Same issue. I bought a post recall so don't have a comparison point, but The trigger on mine was as you described, the PRP spring kit seems to be the solution for this.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
XDS901/ if your trigger does not reset when you rack the slide or shoot it you have a major problem. Call SA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Most people who sent the gun to SA for the recall complain of the Same issue. I bought a post recall so don't have a comparison point, but The trigger on mine was as you described, the PRP spring kit seems to be the solution for this.
From what I've seen, many people complain about the feel of the trigger (which can be helped by the PRP spring kit) but I don't recall many, if any posts about the trigger failing to reset. As posted by Rico, you have a big problem, contact SA.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand the comments regarding contacting SA. I have contacted them today and they are giving me canned replies.

I want to figure this out before I do anything else.

Sorry I sent it in for the recall. MY gun was perfect before their fvcking "upgrade".

Sorry for the rant, but I'm pissed!

·
Registered
199 Posts
After 200 rds my crappy new trigger got noticeably better. Then I added the PRP and dramatic improvement. Only need to rack slide maybe 3/8" max for it to reset.

Now, the trigger is almost gunsmith quality. Have had zero issues regardless of which trigger. Favorite Carry in the 34 years I've been carrying.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dry fired it 100 or so times today and put a few rounds through it. It feels a little better. Reset problem no longer happening. Ordered the PRP spring kit today. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The prp kit does in fact make a world of difference. Dry firing and range time smooth it out even more. Highly recommended upgrade if you love the gun but aren't happy with the trigger post recall.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had plenty of guns over the decades, but my XDS is my first Springfield Armory firearm. I like my XDS, but this crappy recall result has put a cloud over SA for me. I have ordered the PRP spring kit, but this is something SA should have done and paid for as part of their recall.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had plenty of guns over the decades, but my XDS is my first Springfield Armory firearm. I like my XDS, but this crappy recall result has put a cloud over SA for me. I have ordered the PRP spring kit, but this is something SA should have done and paid for as part of their recall.
After the recall and 200 rds, my XDS 45 trigger was satisfactory. The PRP just raised the bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts