Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Long time lurker here. So I've decided on an XDS 45 4.0 as my next carry gun. Going to be getting one this weekend. I've been doing extensive research into it though and I'm trying to find an IWB holster that I like. I have a Comp-Tac MTAC for another gun and I like the holster a lot. In researching on their site though they only like the XDS as an option. No mention of slide length at all. Does anybody know if they are just leaving the muzzle end of the kydex open to accommodate the extra length or if they truly don't have a holster for this gun almost a year into it's life.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I also have the Comp-TAC MTAC for my XD SC 40 and completely love it. There is slight taper at the end of the holster. When I put my XD9 Tactical in the holster, it will fit and stick out, but the taper on the holster does make contact with the slide which in time would wear on the gun and holster. I suspect if your ordered the MTAC for an XDS it would fit your 4.0 yet rub on the taper--which is not what you want.

Comp-TAC doesn't yet specify XDS 3.3 or 4.0 holsters so I'm sure they are all designed for the 3.3. This is surprising because the 4.0 has been out for a while and is becoming quite popular. I would call them and tell them what you need and I'm sure they can accommodate an XDS 4.0.

For my XDS 3.3, I bought the Comp-TAC Infidel Ultra holster. I have never been so impressed with a holster, and I have tried several. As much as I like my MTAC for my SC 40, the Infidel Ultra for my XDS is even more comfortable with just the right cant and it has a single clip which is perfect for a XDS size pistol. The Infidel Ultra also has a taper at the end like your MTAC.

You need to take a serious look at the Infidel Ultra and see if they have a 4.0 version. Normally I don't boast about someone's product, but the quality of Comp-TAC holsters are second to none. The construction, design, adjustable retention, and comfort of this holster for a small pistol are just outstanding. Comp-TAC is little pricier than some others but you get what you pay for. Right now they are having a black Friday special.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Infidel Ultra is the exact holster I'm looking at. I'd love to order with the Black Friday special but cannot due to no selection for the 4.0. They are out of the office until the 1st, which is the day the sale ends. :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Infidel Ultra is the exact holster I'm looking at. I'd love to order with the Black Friday special but cannot due to no selection for the 4.0. They are out of the office until the 1st, which is the day the sale ends. :(
Bummer, send them an email with today's date and tell them you want to order the holster for a 4.0 and black Friday special, but there is not option for 4.0. I bet they can do a 4.0 and will give you the discount.

If you go this route, let me know how it turns out, I'm very curious.

Here are pictures of my two Comp-TAC holsters (post #1 and #2)

Finally I m happy with my CCW holsters XDTalk Forums

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer, send them an email with today's date and tell them you want to order the holster for a 4.0 and black Friday special, but there is not option for 4.0. I bet they can do a 4.0 and will give you the discount.

If you go this route, let me know how it turns out, I'm very curious.

Here are pictures of my two Comp-TAC holsters (post #1 and #2)

Finally I m happy with my CCW holsters XDTalk Forums
That's a good idea. Thanks!
Your pictures are one of the things that convinced me to look more into the Infidel Ultra. Great pictures.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I wish I could remember where I got my holster for my XDs 4.0...maybe Comp-Tac. It works great, appendix carry IWB.

Reactions: Demianu27

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
bunk22, I THINK it does look like a comp tac, but not 100 percent sure.

The belt clip sure is similar but I don't think it is,though I've seen similar holsters on E Bay.

I have a Comp-Tac Infidel with a tuck-able strut for my XDs 3.3's, their logo and XDS is raised on the front of the holster below where the belt clip attaches in the above picture.

Since the OP has elected to buy one of Gavin's holsters,for future searchers on this subject, the muzzle end is tapered on my holster. No way a 4.0 would fit without modifying the holster.

Reactions: EndlessFields
1 - 13 of 13 Posts