Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear about the XDS in 9mm and 45acp but not too much about them in .40S&W . Are they reliable or do they have problems ? Any information and experience is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
My edc I love it. No problem at all. Same frame as the 9 and 45 just different barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tercel89

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My edc I love it. No problem at all. Same frame as the 9 and 45 just different barrel.

Awesome to hear. I have the 45 and saw a 40 this week. It was $350 in great shape.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Got the green crimson trace laser attaches at two points. Talon grips too.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I have both the Mod 1 and Mod 2 in 40, I wanted 40 for my BUG in same caliber as EDC (XD40 SC or M&P40C) I like both

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have carried one for a few years now, and have no maintenance or reliability problems at all.

Though, I do have to admit I was very quick to determine the factory trigger was not for me and upgraded it with a Powder River Precision trigger kit after my second trip to the range. So that is a bit of a draw back – but it probably applies to the whole XDS family.

If I found a good copy at $350 these days I would seriously consider buying another.(y)

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I have a much-modified Mod 1 and a stock Mod 2 XDS40. I have yet to shoot the Mod 2, a couple more weeks maybe.

I also own XDS9 and XDS45, both Mod 1's, the 45 was my EDC for several years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hear about the XDS in 9mm and 45acp but not too much about them in .40S&W . Are they reliable or do they have problems ? Any information and experience is appreciated.
I personally have found the Xd’s to be extremely reliable and accurate out of the box.
I have purchased 7 of them in 40 , 45 & 9mm and have had ZERO problems with any of them. 5 of them are 9mm and I’ve shot golf balls at 90 yards with them. I sold the .45acp due to ammo prices and the trouble finding them. The 40 was nice but I find it easier to get 9mm and as much as I want.
I have never heard of an issue with an Xd so far and would highly recommend.
Good luck and enjoy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts