Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here!

I regularly carry both the 3.3 and 4.0 XDS in 9mm. My 4.0 model is currently set up for home defense with 9+1 round mags. It goes where I go. I’m also a Glock fan and was intrigued by the new model 48. It’s not a true single stack like the XDS and a bit wider. Also, although the magazines are 10+1, it takes time and muscle to load any new Glock mags to capacity. Tell me what you think but I see no advantages of the G48 over the XDS 4.0.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
25 ozs for XDS 4.0 vs. 20.74 oz for the G48, that is noticeable. I've never had any issues loading glock mags to capacity.

SA mags are also all metal, vs poly/metal for Glock. All that weight adds up. Depends on if those few ounces are worth it to you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
wethepeople01, I carried a Glock for 20 years on duty and off duty also. Now I have NO Glocks, I have an XDS in .45 and it is scary accurate, more than any of my Glocks ever were. The XDS is also easier to carry IWB than a Glock is, width make it, the XDS more comfortable to carry IWB. I do enjoy my XDS so much I bought it a bigger brother, SA 1911 Roange Officer Operator, That is my range gun the XDS is my EDC. Enjoy your XDS's. Take care, John.:smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
25 ozs for XDS 4.0 vs. 20.74 oz for the G48, that is noticeable. I've never had any issues loading glock mags to capacity.

SA mags are also all metal, vs poly/metal for Glock. All that weight adds up. Depends on if those few ounces are worth it to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I thank you for your reply re. the weight. Actually, I think I’m okay w/ the diff. Also, it’s a thinner gun overall and very concealable. It’s beside me at home right now in an executive portfolio I modified. Never leaves my side when carrying at home this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wethepeople01, I carried a Glock for 20 years on duty and off duty also. Now I have NO Glocks, I have an XDS in .45 and it is scary accurate, more than any of my Glocks ever were. The XDS is also easier to carry IWB than a Glock is, width make it, the XDS more comfortable to carry IWB. I do enjoy my XDS so much I bought it a bigger brother, SA 1911 Roange Officer Operator, That is my range gun the XDS is my EDC. Enjoy your XDS's. Take care, John.:smile:
I thank you for your service! I had ten years patrol exp. back in my home state of WI. Injured on job, etc. I carried a G22 on AND off duty the whole time. Ironically, I picked up a G23 and G27 After I moved on. My XDS’s are SWEETHEARTS though. THIN, very easily concealed and unquestionably accurate. Is your 45 ACP the 4.0 model? Do you regularly carry with the extended mags? How does it work out for you??

·
Registered
175 Posts
wethepeople, to answer your questions, 1. no I carry with the 5 round mag, with a Pearce grip extension. It works very well for me, I'm 76 YOA and not too fast anymore, but I can swap out mags very fast if the need arises. Not being very slim anymore I wear the more in style cargo pants, very nice for extra mag carry. 2. My XDS .45ACP is the 3.3'' model, I love that thing and it is scary accurate, I usually out shoot the other retired personnel at our annual quals, coming up in April, but that may be because I shoot on a fairly regular basis and reload. Any more questions ask away. Take care, John.:smile:

Reactions: hakuin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts