Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont have the Remora but I did get a Desantis Superfly which I use for both pocket and IWB. The holster without the flap seems to work well for IWB and is very sticky.

I think all the "sticky" holsters work well with the 3.3

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
Works well, although it adds a layer of slight difficulty, as it's not attached to your belt. That is the good part as well. Once you get used to it you will most likely like it. A good waist band will retain it well and it is very concealable. Get the sweat shield one. Mag holder is nice too. You may like the remora better

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a Shield (about same size as XDs), with the Remora. It's a good holster with good customer service. It didn't work for me as AIWB. I found I needed the extra security of a clip. Very versatile holster though. If you decide to purchase, try coupon code FALL35.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Use the #8 Remora, I believe. Depending on my mood, it holds my XD-S, my Kahr CW-9 and I can even put the 2" .38 Snub in it. Three guns will fit perfectly (not at the same time).

I like it primarily for car driving. The only draw while driving that is both comfortable and offers unrestricted weapon access without having to either contend with the seat belt or leaning unnaturally forward to access a strong side, is the cross draw. With the Remora, you can switch sides quickly, easily and without anyone being the wiser.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I use a size 6G-ART. I bought it for my baby Glock but find that it fits the XDS as well. Overall I tend to use my Cook's brand IWB when carrying all day, but the Remora is still very nice for quick on and off. Around the house it's always the Remora for both my XDS and XDm. Remora is an inexpensive holster that can fit many guns and is quite versatile.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I've got a Remora for my Shield. I'm wearing it right now. Also for my XDm 3.8 Compact. They are great for around the house. Only problem, they're not tuckable. Get on their mailing list and wait a week or so, they will have a 35% off sale or something.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i love remora ... however i find the XDs a bit to heavy for it shifts a lot slides up through the day i find myself concerned about it falling out... i use it for my night stand.

i do like the remora for carring my P3at and my LC9 however....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Anyone use this combo?
I use Remora for my XDS9 and Shield. They are good for when you will be running errands and have to take your gun on and off all day. Not good for wearing all day. Not good for reholstering. Its basically a tuck and go . Great little holster but not one you can train with.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx, all. Have a De Santis pocket holster for my Nano, and was thinking of a similar warm-weather set-up for the XDs. I ordered a Kydex IWB from Squared Away Customs here in Vt, which should arrive next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts