Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owning both in I'm thinking about investing in some spare parts. Am I wrong in saying that short of the barrel the rest of the guys overlap? I haven't had both apart at the same time but now that no think about it aren't even the recoil spring setups the same?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Owning both in I'm thinking about investing in some spare parts. Am I wrong in saying that short of the barrel the rest of the guys overlap? I haven't had both apart at the same time but now that no think about it aren't even the recoil spring setups the same?
If you own both you already have a full set of spares . What spare parts are you thinking if picking up?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the looks of it the recoil spring is the same, so picking up one spare would make sense. The rest - striker spring and all the pins I would assume are same.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The frames and internals are mostly identical. Be careful if buying internal frame parts from online demanufacturers. There are some selling internals from pistols that were never sent in for recall upgrades. There are also two different sear housing designs that are not interchangeable besides being caliber specific.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts