Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a great deal on one at Palmetto State Armory. Wanted bi-tone but couldn't pass on $455 brand new. Man was I delighted at the range. I have an XDm 3.8 .40, so am kind of familiar with the platform. I believe this may be my most accurate under 4" barrel handgun at 15yds or under. 50 rounds FMJ and 20 Speer Gold Dot without a hiccup though wasn't much surprise there.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Warning! There is a downside to the 3.3 XD-s 9mm, the more you shoot it, the more you will feel the need to shoot. I've had mine for 2 months now, shot over 1,000 rounds through it and not one problem, other than not having enough time at the range. :rolleyes:

I've shot bulk Remington, Winchester, Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, Speer Lawman and at least 1 other brand of ammo all without a single FTE or FTF. I picked up a couple of boxes of the Federal aluminum cased 9mm this week at Wally World and will see how that shoots on Saturday, but not expecting any problems with the aluminum casings.

Good Luck, it's a great CCW and a lot of fun at the range.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I love my XDs 3.3 9mm and it is my normal carry pistol. Two mods I would suggest to make it a little better would be Talon rubber grips an Pierce extensions on your 7 round mags. I modified my extensions by cutting them down just enough for to my pinky to barely fit and then added a piece of left over rubber grip tape from my Powder River Precision kit for my XDsc. The grip tape really tamed the rough grip texture.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually prefer the hanging pinky after getting used to shooting my...umm...Glock 27(can I say that here)...lol. I am intrigued by the talon grips though, I see hickok45 uses them on literally everything he shoots. Any cheaper places to look besides their website?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I see them on ebay and their website for the same price although ebay is a lot of times free shipping. Powder River Precision makes some grips for a little bit cheaper but they are much harder to install... Talon usually is one piece that wraps around the grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts