Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you be interested in a 22lr XDS either by a conversion kit from SA or an aftermarket mfg or perhaps a proprietary 22lr XDS straight from Springfield? It could be the XDs-22.

Let's discuss this. Pros...cons...why...why not?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I for one think it would be awesome if it works right. I've got a conversion kit for my G19 and it works great with the right ammo, just like any 22lr pistol. It could be a good trainer, or even be used to help new shooters with sub compacts. Also, if you can find 22lr in your area at a decent price it's a lot cheaper than shooting 9mm or .45 unless you reload.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I have one of the .22 conversions for my XDm by Advantage Arms. With a full size mag it only holds 10 rounds. On something like the XDs it would seem that it would only hold 5 or 6 rounds. While it could be possible I doubt there is enough market to support it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could also give an option for a threaded barrel and the chance to run a suppressor on the XDS. If I had the equipment and the knowhow I would at least attempt to make a conversion just for myself anyway.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Im looking at getting a XDs next and a 22lr would be nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts