Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I picked up this today. I'm getting a little confused about what I have. The box is marked as the XDME9389CBHC. The website says it has 14rd mags. Both of mine only show 13rds. Does it hold one more then the witness holes show? Did they upgrade mags? Can it take the 19rd mags with an X Grip type sleeve?
I've seen pics of the gun with the mag well off. What are the pros and cons of using or not using the magwell?
You tube reviews look pretty good. I think I'm going to like this gun alot.

Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Wood

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you look, you should have two flat mag baseplates in the box. The extended baseplate that's on their currently is a +1.

With the magwell off, it looks more like the original XDM Compact.

The 19 round mags fit without the sleeve just fine, though I haven't taken it to the range yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay, I picked up this today. I'm getting a little confused about what I have. The box is marked as the XDME9389CBHC. The website says it has 14rd mags. Both of mine only show 13rds. Does it hold one more then the witness holes show? Did they upgrade mags? Can it take the 19rd mags with an X Grip type sleeve?
I've seen pics of the gun with the mag well off. What are the pros and cons of using or not using the magwell?
You tube reviews look pretty good. I think I'm going to like this gun alot.

View attachment 847178
They use the same magazine tube as the 13 round mag, but the extended base pad allows you to load 14 rounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, this is my first post!

I picked up an XD-M Elite Compact a couple of months ago or so, and can confirm that it has 14-round magazines.

In fact, I made a dumb rookie mistake and overloaded one to 15 rounds due to losing count; hopefully I didn't damage the spring but it seems to load fine still.

So it sounds like if I changed out the baseplate on one, it would become a 13-round magazine that fits the standard XD-M Compact? The witness holes only going to 13 makes a lot more sense now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey all, this is my first post!

I picked up an XD-M Elite Compact a couple of months ago or so, and can confirm that it has 14-round magazines.

In fact, I made a dumb rookie mistake and overloaded one to 15 rounds due to losing count; hopefully I didn't damage the spring but it seems to load fine still.

So it sounds like if I changed out the baseplate on one, it would become a 13-round magazine that fits the standard XD-M Compact? The witness holes only going to 13 makes a lot more sense now.
Welcome to the forum!

I also picked up the Elite Compact earlier this year. They provide you with the baseplates to convert back to the 13 round magazine if you want to remove the flared magwell. I have done just that and changed the backstrap to be more comfortable. You can also buy 19 round magazines with grip sleeves if you want higher capacity.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Congrats, I'm waiting on the XDM Elite in 10mm I might have to pick up the one in the 9mm and since I sold two of my guns I can get another one after I get my 10mm. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts