Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a range day and finished cleaning guns. Thought I’d give a little comparison.

I took my XDM 9c, my wife’s new G 26 and my M&P 40c with a Storm Lake 9mm conversion.

I fired 100 rounds through each weapon. All three are more accurate than I am. For the most part each of my magazine groupings could be covered with a flat hand, fingers close together. My perception of which was most/least accurate with me at the wheel. I would say the M&P was the most accurate (but it is the gun i’ve owned the longest), next came the XDM and last was the G 26. That’s not to say that any of them were bad, it’s more of a good, better, best kind of deal. And again that is with my shooting.

As far as the most enjoyable to shoot, I would go with the same order. The M&P was clearly the softest shooting of the three. I did experience two or three FTE’s but I credit that to the conversion, as I’ve never had it happen shooting 40’s through it. I was able to regain my sight picture the quickest with it and it just felt good in my hands.

The XDM came next. It wasn’t far behind the M&P in perceived recoil and I was able to regain my sight picture quickly. However, the gun did not feel quite as comfortable in my hand. Particularly, the 19 round magazine did not feel as good and would occasionally pinch my palm where the magazine and the handle came together. Also, the deep grooves in the handle were a bit uncomfortable. I’m sure the more I shoot it the more I will become accustomed to it.

The G 26 was the “hardest” shooting of the three. It had a good sight picture but took the longest to reacquire it after the first shot. The grip was also the smallest, top to bottom and thus a little difficult to control, but not impossible by any means. Groupings were acceptable and would undoubtedly become better with more rounds down range.

Over all I would say all three are very good weapons, but for me, the M&P is the winner. It will continue to be my most frequently used CCW (in the 40 configuration, the 9mm conversion is not stable enough to bet my life on it.) The XDM will see most of it’s time as a car gun and I’m not really sure what will become of the G 26. But I can guarantee the M&P and the XDM will continue to see regular range time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the Glock I had one extension and one flat.

Both M&P 9mm Mags have the extended base plate. The XDM's are the standard, out of the box mags.

My preference is the M&P trigger. It is short and light comparatively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts