Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what details are beneficial, so here it goes...

(Oh, and if anyone wants me to scan target pics just let me know).

Shot 700 rounds over 90 minutes or so.
300 Rounds were Fiocchi (purchased online)
200 Rounds were Remington (from Dick's Sporting Goods)
200 Rounds were Winchester (from Walmart)

Range was an indoor lane and maxes at 25 yards.

Loaded the mags with one type of ammo only and did not mix, and did this in the order as listed.

I had no feed or fire issues and everything went smooth without any problems.

.Fiocchi's were very clean, little flash
.Remington were a 'nice' mess all over the gun chamber and had a very noticable flash, much more than Fiocchi
.Winchesters were fine, a little messy as Remington

I'm quite accurate and did shooting in 5-shot bursts and then evaluated all of the targets. The sights seem to be a bit higher than what I'm used to but I just aimed a bit down and I was right on target.

Recoil seems incredibly minimal, even moreso than others and I'm not sure if that's actually the case or I'm just crazy, but recovery was much faster than any other handgun I've used.

Again, I'm not sure if the above helps at all, but it's a fantastic firearm and am very happy so far!

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow that's alot of shooting. yes, i would like to see pics. also, as a new member, i would like to know how the xdm compares to a sig in accuracy, fit, etc.

thank you

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yeah, hate to say it but the more detail the better! I know it can be a pain getting pics, etc, but a lot of us are really curious how this gun performs.

Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's an image of six targets, out of a massive pile of those I used.

Here's info on each, going from top left to bottom right. These targets are from the first 10-15 or so targets out of about 50-55 or so that I used. Nothing with the gun itself was changed and the sites are obviously stock...they're not bad but did find myself off target for a short while....some of that can easily be seen here.

1. Fiocchi, 15yards, 2x5-shot bursts. In other words, I would go 'bang-bang-bang-bang-bang, review, and repeat. I did this so I can see the rapid recoil and recovery, which, to me, was fantastic.
2. Remington, 15yards, 2x5-shot bursts
3. Winchester, 12yards
4. Remington, 12yards
5. Fiocchi, 25yards, 3x5-shot bursts
6. Fiocchi, 25yards, 3x5-shot bursts

Given that I don't really know what anyone reading this post wants to know, let alone know myself what I should be posting, maybe it'll help in some way or another....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts