Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat new to the realm of firearm purchases from out of state, but what I was wondering is with regards to the purchase from out of state, what are the average costs in doing this?

I'm in PA and no one has any info on the XDM9 and I have found a place out of state that has one in stock. The local dealer told me that I pay...

...the price of the gun,
...the transfer from the seller,
...the transfer from the local shop,
...a pics charge,
...3% credit card fee (if applicable),
...another sort of processing fee,
...sales tax

The total transfer fees come out to about $110. That seems rather high for a firearm that's quoted below $600. Add all of the other fees and it's nearing the low to mid $700 range.

Does this sound normal, though? I really want to find this firearm soon but am growing impatient, too!

Thanks for the help, and hello all to the XD world (former Glock owner, moving to XD) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Pics charge"

What is that?! :confused:

Yeah I have never purchased an out of state weapon either...
Not a clue, they told me some sort of verification. I've never heard of it, but if you think about the total, say $600 base, plus $110, plus $20 cc fee, plus $40 tax, it's $750 buy the time it's done. That makes no sense to me, but am wondering if these extra fees are the norm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check with your credit card company, I am sure if the 3 percent upcharge for use of a credit card is proper/legal. I am aware a discount for cash can be used, but not a upcharge for use of the credit card.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
The only fees that should be paid to the local shop is the transfer fee (completely up to them how much they charge) and any fees for required background checks or other state requirements.

The rest is up to who you are buying from.

It seems pretty expensive just so you can have it "right now", but is it worth it to you? I would suggest shopping for a cheaper FFL. Or, you could just ask the local shop if they plan on stocking them, or if they will order one for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Around here (FL) most FFLs charge between $20-$30 plus $5 for a background check.

Most sellers charge anywhere from $15-$25 for shipping and some charge extra % for credit card payment - check GunBroker, nearly every gun dealer adds a % fee for credit card.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have a guy that will do it for $10... but I'm in Alaska. I would search around for another shop or person that will do transfers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my XDm from Georgia $20 to ship and $20 for my FFL dealer to do the paperwork. No tax and no 3% upcharge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I suggest you find a local dealer through galleryofguns dot com. they have the prices listed and you can do online shopping through local dealers by putting in your zip code. additional charges to list price are usually just tax and background check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts