Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is the first time I have ever been to the range with my XDM9, and only the second time I have used a handgun in my life, so please be easy on me. Top two targets are from 5 yards, then I pushed out to seven yards on the bottom two. No major issues with the gun other than on a few of the last rounds the slide did not lock in the open position and once a spent case was stuck in there stovepipe style. Went through about 150 rounds plus about 50 from a 22 I rented for my girlfriend to get used to the kick.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Look like you did just fine. As for the problem's I cant say B/C I own the XDm 40 and havent had a problem with the 350 rounds I've put in it, using 3 diffrent kinds of ammo in the same session. I wonder if there is a bad batch of XDm 40 and XDm9's going around or if it is user error. I dont know. I'm just glad I havent had any problems with any gun's I've bought.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nice shooting for only second time out...You could qualify for CCW in most states. As for the slide not locking back, check your grip or have someone watch you as you shoot...The most common problem is hitting the slide release with the thumb just enough so that it doesn't catch. The thumb on your right hand should be over you r left thumb not riding the slide.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice shooting for only second time out...You could qualify for CCW in most states. As for the slide not locking back, check your grip or have someone watch you as you shoot...The most common problem is hitting the slide release with the thumb just enough so that it doesn't catch. The thumb on your right hand should be over you r left thumb not riding the slide.
I will make a note of that. VERY possible that the issues I had were in fact user error. I was using Winchester White Box 115gr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts