Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a wtb, just searching for info & suggestions.
pics if easily done but direction to sites is really all i need.
and advice!
tia

eta

never carried before(outside of mex carry).

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have email inquiries to several holster mfrs, who list almost but not quite the XDm45 (XDm40 4.5 inch, "All XDm's", etc.). So far only Crossbreed has replied re their QuikClip holster saying, "Yes." Tennessee Holsters has a listing that just refers to XDm...kind of broad.

While I search, I've found that my old Don Hume 715, made for the XD9 subcompact, actually works, although the barrel sticks out the bottom about an inch and a quarter. The trigger guard is fully enclosed, though.

As I hear back from other mfrs, I will post here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just heard from Comp-Tac. Not now on XDm45 and definitely not before the end of the year. New update from Blade Tech.

XD40 should be easy to find, though.

More later. So far:
Crossbreed QwikClip-YES
Comp-Tac anything-NO
Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster-Yes, but call to place order for that gun 877-331-5793

·
Registered
447 Posts
I use a Shielded Holster one. Not expensive and quick turn around time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use a Shielded Holster one. Not expensive and quick turn around time.
Your signature lists several guns, but not an XDm-45. Do you have that gun and a holster? The OP is looking for one for that specific gun, as am I.
Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm a little surprised that I haven't had replies to several of my inquiries. I guess business isn't as bad as we think. Anyway, it looks like what we're going to hear is:

Crossbreed QwikClip-YES
Comp-Tac anything-NO
Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster-Yes, but call to place order for that gun 877-331-5793

The Blade-Tech UCH was my holster of choice for this gun, as the holster is kydex--thinner than leather--and this is a kind of fat gun already. Called and ordered. Three weeks to make, one week to ship. One month to wait. Luckily my old Don Hume 715 for the XD9SC works OK, so I don't have to leave the XDM45 at home.

If I do hear any more, I'll post here.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry my sig is not up to date. And yes I have added more. If you don't believe that he has a holster for you email him and he will get back to you. I use my XDM 9, XDM 45, and XD 45 in this one holster.

Shielded Holsters - Custom Handcrafted Holsters

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Galco King-Tuk that fits my XDm .45 as well as my XDm 3.8 9mm and my XD40-SC. I love having one holster that fits all three.

The main think you need is one with an open bottom so that it fits different barrel lengths. The leather curving around your waist helps hold the different guns tight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
OK. Here's an update to my inquiries of holster mfrs for the XDm-45:
Crossbreed QwikClip-YES
Comp-Tac anything-NO
Don Hume-NO to anything for the XDm-45 4.5"

G-Weezy 45: Do you have a link to Shielded Holster? Is that a company name? This is for the others, as I've ordered the UCH from Blade Tech, and in the meantime, I'm using the Don Hume 715 I bought originally for a XD9-SC.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Brigade Gun Leather (site sponsor) will make you one for the XDm 45. They're not cheap, but from the looks of them, they're worth every penny he's asking.

Brigade Holsters- M-11 Ultimate CCW IWB Holster
I wish I had seen this earlier. Yes, it's a little more than some others, although the Basic is not bad at $115. If the actual product is like the pictures, it is some fine craftsmanship. I've recently been rethinking clips vs loops, and the value of loops could be a more secure holster if you need to draw (and not have the holster pull out also). Plus...they specifically list the XDm-45.

If you haven't looked, browse over to their western holsters. Roy Rogers would have liked these. Gene Autry too, but I don't know about the Cisco Kid, although they do offer contrasting thread.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wish I had seen this earlier. Yes, it's a little more than some others, although the Basic is not bad at $115. If the actual product is like the pictures, it is some fine craftsmanship. I've recently been rethinking clips vs loops, and the value of loops could be a more secure holster if you need to draw (and not have the holster pull out also). Plus...they specifically list the XDm-45.

If you haven't looked, browse over to their western holsters. Roy Rogers would have liked these. Gene Autry too, but I don't know about the Cisco Kid, although they do offer contrasting thread.
Yeah, I saw the page and my jaw hit the floor... very fine craftsmanship. I listed the ultimate in the link, because that's the one I want. :mrgreen: The oiled, shiny leather, the double stitching... just looks like top notch stuff.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh! I forgot to mention these guys. They're kinda local to me here... just up the road. I've worn one of these with a double-stack 1911 for a couple of years and it worked very well. Definitely comfortable. The design will work with the XDm. In fact, I may buy another one of these to hold me over until I can get one of those awesome Brigade holsters. ;)

IWB Holsters «

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I have email inquiries to several holster mfrs, who list almost but not quite the XDm45 (XDm40 4.5 inch, "All XDm's", etc.). So far only Crossbreed has replied re their QuikClip holster saying, "Yes." Tennessee Holsters has a listing that just refers to XDm...kind of broad.

While I search, I've found that my old Don Hume 715, made for the XD9 subcompact, actually works, although the barrel sticks out the bottom about an inch and a quarter. The trigger guard is fully enclosed, though.

As I hear back from other mfrs, I will post here.
Sorry our website seems so vague with the XDM holsters..We do make holsters for all of them..I will be the first to say that our site needs a complete make over and that the pictures need to be up dated..We do make holsters for a ton of firearms that are not even listed on our site.My fault as we are a very small company and we stay very busy..I will try to get things back in shape and show my face around here a bit more..If you have any questions about our products,shoot us an email or give us a holler on the phone..
Thank you Larry and Isabel aka Captain Itch..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, I saw the page and my jaw hit the floor... very fine craftsmanship. I listed the ultimate in the link, because that's the one I want. :mrgreen: The oiled, shiny leather, the double stitching... just looks like top notch stuff.
Pulled the trigger and ordered the M-11 Ultimate holster and a matching belt today for my XDm .45. :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I carry my XDm45 IWB using this Barsony holster Barsony IWB Concealment Holster for SPRINGFIELD XD T-XD | eBay

For $15 shipped to your door, it's a great deal. Fits the XDm45 like a glove, doesn't move around, and stays tight to the body. Overall, I find it a great IWB holster. Liked it so much that I bought a second one.

(I have no affiliation with the seller, I'm just a happy customer)
just ordered one of these hope it fits my xdm 45 4.5 inch model

1 - 20 of 33 Posts