Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some unknown reason,I traded my almost new XDm40 for a XDm45. Must be some dark reason. Now I have a companion for my XD45 tactical compact. Just what I need,2 of these *!%&#*. Oh well,took the XDm45 to the range for just a few rounds,you know,just to see if it works. Ran perfect,felt good,kinda liked it.
Guess I'll think about keeping it!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Since there are a lot of 45 fans here, could someone explain to me the benefit of the 45 over the 40? And maybe the difference in how the gun handles?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Performance is not going to be any different, however I like the felt recoil of the 45 more than the 40. Much easier on the wrists for me

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,617 Posts
Since there are a lot of 45 fans here, could someone explain to me the benefit of the 45 over the 40? And maybe the difference in how the gun handles?
I've always found that in a comparable platform, a .45 has a more pleasant recoil sensation than .40; .45 pushes straight back into the hand, where the .40 has a fast jump. And... .45 does have a pretty darn good track record of stoppin' folks in their tracks, for 100 years now. I figure a round that was brought about so that it would stop a cavalry trooper's horse should do just fine on hairless apes...

Actually, I've never seen the benefit of .40 over 9mm...perhaps someone could explain that to me.;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Turns out I now have (3) .45's and (1) m 3.8 .40 (w/a 9mm conversion barrel), and a m 3.8 "compact" in 9mm. Figured "variety" would be good. I think the .40's a pretty powerful caliber but the .45's do make for bigger holes and firepower, that's for sure. My newest of my .45's is the 1911 TRP Operator and for some reason, that bore looks even bigger than a .45.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts