Springfield XD Forum banner

xdm45 barrel issue?

636 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sa4837843 
#1 ·
I have an xdm45 4.25 with about 2k rounds though it. I have been away from shooting 45 for a few years, and just took it back up. After 200rnds of Blazer Brass, I noticed that after going to the range the brass had a large amount of powder marks on the side of the case, and the mag well and chamber area had a-lot of power residue (I had just cleaned it before going to the range). I started looking into this, and found that this can be a sign of slow ammo, with slow burning powder. I cleaned the gun and mags again, then went to the range with 50rds of hotter ammo (a mix of S&B and Federal HST). I looked at the bass afterwords, it was a lot cleaner than the BB, but the residue inside of the gun was just as bad as shooting 200rnds of BB. It get's pretty caked up on the top of the barrel and near the feed ramp of the mag well.

I am thinking of contacting SA customer service to see what can be done.

Has anyone else had issues like these? or other known issues and fixes/suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.