Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local GS is having a one day sale Sat, Dec 13th. I got their flyer in the mail today. They will have the XDM40 Bi-Tone, Trijicon night sights & with XD Gear Kit, for $649. The XDM9 Bi-Tone, nights sights & gear kit will be the same price.

What do you think of the $$$ ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
That seems like a good deal. I paid $640+tax for my Bi-Tone Xdm .40 a few months ago. No night sights. Thats worth a few bucks right there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
$610 + Tx od green ---no night sights though...this must be an install by dealer!

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$610 + Tx od green ---no night sights though...this must be an install by dealer!
Nope, factory installed Trijicons!

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nope, factory installed Trijicons!
i am completely talking out my @$$ here, as i know nothing but...
i would assume that SA is installing their night sights.

this next part does not come out my @$$; i was told this by SA.
SA night sights are manufactured by SA and look/fit exactly like the stock (non-night) sights that come on the XDm. SA then sends those sights off to Trijicon for them to insert/secure Trijicon tritium lamps. I was told that these sights do not have the white ring around them. the rear sights show a "metal ring" around them which i assume is the aluminum lamp case that Trijicon uses.

the Dawson Precision sights are also sent to Trijicon for lamps and only have the white ring around the front sight. rear sights have the exposed aluminum lamp case.

picture please from anyone with either SA or DP night sights.
thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Took my friend to my gun guy and get him a XDm 40. He paid $567.00 + TX. All black & gear kit.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I saw $689 price on the bi-tones at Benton Shooter's Supply in Benton, TN, on Wednesday.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I could have bought the bi-tone model before the first of the year for $590. I did not get my permit till Jan. 10. the price jumped up $100 everwhere here. I then found a place that sold me one for $650. Panic buying is driving up the price...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am envious. :shock::shock:$729.00:shock::evil: here.
I paid too much, but they only had two left. 0bamaphobia got me.

Even though the price was too high, I didn't mind at all after a couple of
trips to the range.:D

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am envious. :shock::shock:$729.00:shock::evil: here.
I paid too much, but they only had two left. 0bamaphobia got me.

Even though the price was too high, I didn't mind at all after a couple of
trips to the range.:D

Well at least we got them. They are sure fun to shoot...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Here in Denver $617+tax(way too friggen much)= $670 out the door

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought (Friday 2-6-09) a new Bi-Tone XDm 40 and paid $589 + tax ($632) for it, with the XD gear and nice carrying case of course.

It appears I should consider myself lucky. BUT, I got caught between a low price I sold 3 XDs for recently (a 4" bi-tone 40, a 4" black 9mm with night sights, and a black 3" sub-compact 40 to pay for lots of 5.56 and 223 ammo for my rifle I was amassing), and the new panic pricing for new pistols. I was looking to replace at least one of the 3 (older model XD pisotols I recently sold for ONE new one (of the older style), but the price of the older style XD was so high I was much better off buying the new XDm model, so I did.

After the ice melted and the sun came out I finally made it to the range Sunday (2-8-09) and stomped around in the mud. I shot about 185- 200 rounds of my 165 grain FMJ flat-point reloads (using Winchester 231 powder) with NO issues whatsoever. And, what impressed me most was the MATCH barrel. I belive it is much improved and the new grips help keep the 40 S&W from twising in my grip. I didn't see much difference in the trigger (sorry Sprinffield). But, the gun worked flawlessly and it is a for sure keeper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts