Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an XD-40 and a cursory search on the net has returned that the XDM is different because it has a 'match grade barrel'.

What I want to know is if a .40 XDM barrel is completely the same (ie: the shape of the 'box' for the chamber) and would function in an XD-40 Tactical.

I missed the boat on threaded .40 barrels for the XD-40. They were rare to begin with it seems and now it looks like they're non-existent. I can't find anything anywhere that's in stock or not discontinued.

XDM .40 threaded barrels are still around though and I'd like to see if I can get one that's 5" + 3/4" or whatever of threaded protruding from the slide.

My only other option of course is to get my original barrel lengthened and then threaded, but this seems like a pain.

I appreciate any solid advice or thoughts, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My understanding is that the lugs on the underside of the barrel are different.

I understand the feeling. I was lucky enough to find an XD-40 tactical with an EFK Fire Dragon threaded barrel in it :)

Finding threaded 40 barrels is hard. I'm not sure if EFK is still making them or not, but they do have a 5" tactical 40 barrel listed on their website, but they are pre-paid special order barrels and take 30-90 days to make. https://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=XDT40THE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is that the lugs on the underside of the barrel are different.

I understand the feeling. I was lucky enough to find an XD-40 tactical with an EFK Fire Dragon threaded barrel in it :)

Finding threaded 40 barrels is hard. I'm not sure if EFK is still making them or not, but they do have a 5" tactical 40 barrel listed on their website, but they are pre-paid special order barrels and take 30-90 days to make. https://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=XDT40THE
Thanks, I'll look at them as I'm looking at a few others too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts