Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be getting these in the mail today. Please note my XDM-40 is brand new never shot, will take to range today. I have already purchased a nice Hogue grip. Placed that hogue grip on and it felt ok, only downfall it makes it look like those...uhhhh..what are they called Glocks oh yeah. But has anybody used the X-treme grips on a XDM if so, your opinions on it. One of my concerns, if I want to remove them will I be left with a gunk of resedue all over my new beauty!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got the rubberized version of the X-treme grips. I haven't taken them off so I don't know what's left behind when you do. I like the feel and they look pretty good too. I had enough left over that I added some to my FNX. Doesn't look that great but I added it for function rather than looks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics! Looks really good, doesn't look bad at all on the FN. Did some more research today and from what I read no problems of the decals pealing back. I've also heard function wise they are good and give the XDM a little touch. Looks good ill post pics once I get them on. Any tips when putting the decals on?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had them, and they felt fantastic! Only problem I had was that within time they started to turn yellow. I'm speaking only for the sand version here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know if X-treme makes these grips for other pistols or not. These are made for the XDm. They are pre cut. It's precision work to put them on. Notice in my picture where the rubberized tape goes in around the 'XDm', especially the 'm'. It's not hard to do, but you have to be careful if you want the tape to be where it's supposed to be. The hardest part is peeling the backing off from the tiny areas like where the 'm' is.

As long as you haven't really put pressure on the tape you can move the tape if you need to. Just put it there as lightly as possible until you're sure it's right, then give it pressure.

They're inexpensive, so what's the worst that can happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered mine today with the rubber texture as well. This is my first so called upgrade if you will and have been looking to add something to my new 3.8. I will post pics when I get them as well as a little review of the installation. I ordered mine from Powder River Precision.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip, yeah the first thing that came to mind when getting the decals on was that small "m" since its so small and the two points at bottom that make up the letter "m" are very thin. Yeah I am gonna order the rubber decals also and just keep the black trection sand for later down the road. I really like the look of the rubber decals. Ive never heard of them turning yellow??? I myself also ordered them from Powder River Precision.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I bought a XDm40 from the guy who makes the grips. He included rubber and sand grips in the sale. I put the rubber grips on and have shot USPSA for a year with them in place. So far no turning loose or color change. Outstanding grip decals. For those looking for grips for other guns; at the time I bought the gun he was making grips for most of the popular semi's.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah I am gonna order the rubber decals also and just keep the black trection sand for later down the road. I really like the look of the rubber decals.
The decals come in many sections. So you could actually mix the rubber and traction decals. Do part rubber and part sand if that would meet your needs. That would probably be a 'first'.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think the guy that mentioned them turning yellow was just talking about the sand grips, not the rubber

I'm looking at getting some of these rubber grips. I noticed in the pictures up above, you don't have anything on the backstrap. Was that a choice not to put it there or does it not come with anything for the backstrap? The main reason I wanted these grips was for when I carry. When sitting down and leaning back, the backstrap pushes into my back and can become a little uncomfortable after awhile. I figured if I had these rubber grips it would take care of that problem.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The grips do come with a section for the backstrap. I opted not to use it, as you noticed. But keep in mind that the rubber sections probably go down in between the raised sections of the grip like you see on the front of my pistol. Will that add enough comfort for your situation? I can't say. But as I did say up above, they are inexpensive in the larger sceme of things, so you may want to give it a try.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The grips do come with a section for the backstrap. I opted not to use it, as you noticed. But keep in mind that the rubber sections probably go down in between the raised sections of the grip like you see on the front of my pistol. Will that add enough comfort for your situation? I can't say. But as I did say up above, they are inexpensive in the larger sceme of things, so you may want to give it a try.

Ya, for $20 I'm going to give it a shot. Don't think it can hurt. The part that's most uncomfortable while carrying is the ridges on the backstrap. I feel like if the grooves in it didn't go quite so deep it would be more comfortable. I figured that the rubber going down in the grooves would probably make it comfortable enough, even if there is backstrap is still hitting my back

·
Registered
232 Posts
Go for it. It might help. You might like the look and the feel even if it doesn't improve the backstrap situation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have them on all four of my XDM's in the sand texture. Some over two years old with no problems. First mod I did to my 5.25. Well worth the money

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here is my 4.5 XDm-40 with the black sand traction grips. I have them also on my XDm Compact 40. I have had the 4.5 ones for well over a year with many a trip to the range. I have not only like the feel and grip they give but also the looks of them and the ease of installing them won me over.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I want the rubber grips but it appears they don't make them for the Xdm-40 4.5". When I click on the black rubber and then select the model only the Xdm 45 comes up. Will these fit the 40?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put them on my 3.8 40 call. I like it, but the sand is maybe a bit too grippy for me. I'll probably take them off if I don't sell it first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts