Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post from someone of an Xdm with a ported barrel and slide that had cuts milled into it by someone in SC cant find it now anyone know where to look or a link to to OP
TIA

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of, Rich at Canyon Creek did the work ... Nice gun, but I can't remember the thread title.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was that an XD with the slide milled for a reflex sight?

I have also been looking for that one for my wifes XDM but can't find it, I did numerous searches and just thought it may have been deleted.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I saw a post from someone of an Xdm with a ported barrel and slide that had cuts milled into it by someone in SC cant find it now anyone know where to look or a link to to OP
TIA
This ?
Well....

This whole want to mod my gun started when my buddy picked up a 5.25" XDm and I fell in love with his fiber optic sights.

I did some research and decided that due to the glowing reviews and close proximity from my home, I'd go with Rich.

Due to the high cost of handgun shipping he allowed me to drop my XDm off to him personally...something I really happy about. I took it up to him exactly 4 weeks ago and dropped it off. The meeting was short and I returned home. Rich originally told me via email (something he is prompt at returning BTW) that I should expect 4-6 weeks for the work I wanted done (see below). It took him less than 4 as he called me personally last Tue to tell me it was done.

I went and picked it up from him today and found that I couldn't be more pleased with the work...I was also shocked by his hospitality and extreme depth of firearm knowledge. he took time out of his day to fully explain his work in detail and also told me enough firearm tidbits that to be honest with you, my head hurt a little after I left...that guy REALLY knows his firearms inside and out.

I took my black/OD green first run 9mm 4.5" to him to get the following work done:

-Installation of Kensight fully adjustable sights and front F/O sight
-Cross cut slot the slide
-Refinish the slide in KG Gun Kote OD green to match the frame
-Smooth trigger face
-Full trigger job (I requested 3.5# pull)

Rich did a superb job, I have zero complaints. As good as the sights are, I must say I am most impressed with the trigger. He truely had XD/m's down to a science...it is smooth as glass and the once terrible lenght of travel, creep and over travel is now gone and replaced with a crisp, short throw trigger with a TINY amount of reset.

It goes without saying that I simply could not wait to take it out so I made a range trip with 3 off my friends...one owning a 5.25" 9mm XDm and the other owning a 3.8" 9mm XDm. Both are stock. Needless to say yhte initial presentation met with "Oooo's" and "Aaaah's"...as you can see in the pics, it really is a sharp looking pistol.

As nice as it may have looked however, shooting it was even better. The trigger is dran near flawless...miles beyond stock and for the cost of a drop in kit. Like stock it was more accurate than I am but the F/O sight made shooting easier as well...I love it. Rich much have sighted it in for me as I didn't even have to adjust the rear to get a clean 5 shot 1" group from 25' (feet...not years).

All-in-all I can say I am beyond pleased with Rich and Canyon Creek...my XDm is even better an I couldn't be happier. Rich was also a joy to work with and I will not hesitate to push business his way in the future. (Rich, if you're reading this...thanks again!!!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw one at palmetto state armory this weekend, i forgot the caliber though. i also got my first xd! 9mm sc. went shooting today with my daughter at shooters choice and believe I've made the right decision on this piece.

and fyi shooters choice has no problem with me letting my 6yr old daughter shoot. she got her first lesson and first shot with my p95dao (assisted of course). but she did put a god beating on the target with her rubber band gun! now she wants a pink bb gun...

whoa talk about going off topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.