Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the XDm 45 5.25" Comp about a year ago. I LOVE this gun! (wife is jealous).

BUT, i really want to mount a red dot sight on it. The factory adjustable sights are nice, but come on......IT'S A RED DOT.

So basically, any help with how to find a mount for a good red dot. I was looking at the Trijicon RMR but DANG. I was hoping for something similar that won't make me sell another kid to pay for. And again, I am stuck finding a mount.........

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Burris Fastfire 3

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
I purchased the XDm 45 5.25" Comp about a year ago. I LOVE this gun! (wife is jealous).

BUT, i really want to mount a red dot sight on it. The factory adjustable sights are nice, but come on......IT'S A RED DOT.

So basically, any help with how to find a mount for a good red dot. I was looking at the Trijicon RMR but DANG. I was hoping for something similar that won't make me sell another kid to pay for. And again, I am stuck finding a mount.........

Thanks in advance.
If you want a dot that will stand up to the slide cycling, you're gonna pay for it.

So decide if you want a cheap POS red dot that's gonna die after a few range sessions (if it lasts that long), or if you really want a dot sight period.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
No clue if it'll work. I've never considered mounting anything other than factory sights. If I were considering it I'd probably buy a gun that was set up for one due to the reasons that @Cuda66 cited. IME buying a cheap one that's not really intended for a setup like yours is a bad idea. If it breaks replacing it would make the cost pretty close to the nice one you passed on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wanted to do this for quite a while & keep getting distracted with other projects. The Fast Fire on the mount I listed looks like a good combo. A friend already put one on his with good results.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
I have a Burris Fast Fire 3 on my XD. The gunsmith said he could mill a mount but I wussed and got the dovetail mount. I've only shot it twice but have had very little trouble lining up for second and third shots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.