Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for holster (that I liked) for my XDm with a mounted weapon light for about a year. I got frustrated with waiting to find one, then get on someone's waiting list to make me a holster. So, I made one.:cool:

A friend of mine has a bunch of leather working supplies and helped me out on the first one (without the light) and then set me to work.

The stitch line by the trigger guard is just a hair tight, it needs to come out about 1mm, just enough to allow the light body in with a little less oomph. When it's perfectly aligned, it just slides in no problem. I'm still working it in but overall I like it.

I'd prefer a little less cant but this gets me started and it is not that far off a straight drop.

The acid test will come in a couple of days at a night shooting class.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If that's the first holster you've ever made, I'm impressed. I tried my hand at it a few years and simply don't have the patience or craftsmanship to do any holster justice.

What you've got there looks pretty good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's the first holster you've ever made, I'm impressed. I tried my hand at it a few years and simply don't have the patience or craftsmanship to do any holster justice.

What you've got there looks pretty good.
Thanks! I have a whole shoulder of leather to mess with, so I am working on some designs now. I'm hoping to replicate a similar this design but fastening to the belt with one way snaps.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hey that holster looks great! BUT, you posted in the wrong area lol might want to see if a mod could move this to a more appropriate spot.

Keep up the great work, might have a future side income there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How the heck did I manage that?

My apologies I meant to post this in ( I think it's ) gear.
My 'Forum-Fu' needs work.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Looking for a movie proposition! ;)

Moved to the Gear section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts