Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
im just trying to asses fair value of my XDM 4.5 9mm.
Thinking of selling it and getting 5.25 xdm

My xdm is 4.5 stainless steel slide, PRP ultimate trigger kit,
TruGlo TFO, 3mags , case, holster, 1 dbl mag pouch. Less then 1500 rnds

I live in NW Chicago area.

FFL guy i deal with, told me its about $400, seems a bit low to me, but maybe its what it is.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi guys,
im just trying to asses fair value of my XDM 4.5 9mm.
Thinking of selling it and getting 5.25 xdm

My xdm is 4.5 stainless steel slide, PRP ultimate trigger kit,
TruGlo TFO, 3mags , case, holster, 1 dbl mag pouch. Less then 1500 rnds

I live in NW Chicago area.

FFL guy i deal with, told me its about $400, seems a bit low to me, but maybe its what it is.
I am certainly no expert, but I would recommend checking the online auctions to see what the going rate is for a used firearm. Some online stores, like Buds, have a web site that will list some firearms and what they would pay you for it. Keep in mind that this would be more like a trade-in value to allow them room to make a profit on top of what they paid you.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would try to do a private sale if you could. I bet you could bring close to 500 bucks for it. If you are looking at trading it in I wouldn't. A friend of mine who works for Impact Guns (great place) said that he wouldn't give me cents on the dollar for it. Better to keep it, or try to sell it myself.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing.
My 4.5 9mm bi-tone for a 5.25.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Around here used ones go for $450 - $500, your probably high side + especially with your add ons.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, if you try to deal with a retailer, he's going to lowball you because he has to be able to get a profit from selling it. Watch Pawn Stars, you see it every time. It's not that he's trying to rip you off, it's just that he's in business and wouldn't be for long if he let stuff move through for free. But, what's your time worth trying to find a buyer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I traded my my 4.5 xdm in this week on a new 5.25. My local dealer gave me $450 for it. It was all black and bone stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just sold my 4.5" 9mm bitone/od for $500 face to face here in Texas. Your best bet will be going to a gun show and selling it to someone personally rather than going to a gun store.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
$400's probably a bit low. Did you do the trigger job yourself or was it done by PRP? If PRP did it, make sure you have your receipt showing their work. Personally, I would be very hesitant to buy a gun with trigger work done by an owner who wasn't a professional smith.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Yeah gun shops, pawn shops are almost going to insult you on what they want to pay. Always find a private party yourself to sell to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put it on Gunbroker for what you told me you want for it I would be interested to see how long it takes to sell, if you sell it at all for that price !!! Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts