Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my XDM back. i have been working on this for a whine now and thought i would see what you guys thought. its a first gen XDM. mods: patriot magwell, springer precision trigger kit, extended slide stop, custom slide lightening, and V8 port!!

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Very NICE!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Neat! Wanna see the picture that captures right at that moment of...firing...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks sick!!! How much did that run? Very nice.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I looks great, but I don't think I would want to mess with XD perfection.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very nice. Don't suppose I could do something like with my dremel over the weekend? Jk. Very cool though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it shoots half as good as it looks, you've got yourself quite a pistol!

It makes the 5.25 look a little lame!

Nice Job!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Who did the work? I would like to ask them some questions.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Where did the OP go?

I would like to hear how it shoots with that porting!

It looks pretty cool, but is it only tacti-cool??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ok sheesh!!! Jk lol
The work was done by Chester at Palmetto Arms LLC. Which is located in Dorchester SC.
I just took this thing out sat and man does this thing run. I ran a little over 100 rounds of all types of ammo. We were originally worried that with the reduced weight and and pressure that it would not cycle properly. But I successfully ran federal hollow point, hornady critical defense, magtech sub sonic, some reloads, and they all worked great.

I will warn you IT IS LOUD!!! Recoil and muzzle flip greatly reduced. The only downside was after about 90 rounds the front white dot sight was getting a little dirty but I'm going to a fiber optic soon.

Thanks for all the complements!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I will warn you IT IS LOUD!!! Recoil and muzzle flip greatly reduced. The only downside was after about 90 rounds the front white dot sight was getting a little dirty but I'm going to a fiber optic soon.

If you have any aspirations of using that gun for home defense, -- lose them! You will easily permanently damage your hearing with 1 shot in a small room.

What loss of velocity are you seeing with the porting?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ok ok sheesh!!! Jk lol
The work was done by Chester at Palmetto Arms LLC. Which is located in Dorchester SC.
I just took this thing out sat and man does this thing run. I ran a little over 100 rounds of all types of ammo. We were originally worried that with the reduced weight and and pressure that it would not cycle properly. But I successfully ran federal hollow point, hornady critical defense, magtech sub sonic, some reloads, and they all worked great.

On your next project, send it to Mag-Na-Port and get it "autoported", works great!!:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ok ok sheesh!!! Jk lol

Thanks, I was wondering about the popple SP? holes in the barrel. They have them in Open Raceguns, and I was thinking of adding them to mine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts