Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired a xdm 9mm 3.8 at the range for the first time tonight, along with a glock 19. I have had every intention of buying an XDM 9mm because I had liked the feel of the grip much better than the Glock, but noticed tonight that the trigger on the XDM was kind of, for a lack of a better word, soft. You have to pull the trigger what seems like quite a distance before it engages and fires. With the glock as soon as you put your finger on the trigger and began to pull, it fires immediately.

I don't know any of the technical jargon for any of this stuff (I'm a rookie and this will be my first handgun), but I have read many threads praising the trigger pull of the XDM, yet it effected my aim in those split seconds waiting for the gun to fire while pulling the trigger. As I said, the glock fired immediately upon pulling the trigger. It seemed like a lot less distance for the trigger to travel before the gun fired.

Can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What custom work was done on the Glock? They normally don't do that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
in my own experience the travel on the XDM is hardly discernable from a glock and is smoother. the only glock 19 I've shot had a terrible trigger on it

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you think the Glock trigger is better get the Glock. I've found them to be about the same but you need to go with what you like best.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Granted I don't have an XDM but have hundreds of rounds through the range XDM 3.8 9mm...which again, isn't exactly new out of the box. I've also got a few hundred rounds through a range XDM 45, fantastic guns both. But compared to my G19, my Glock has a crisper trigger, not quite as mushy. Much better than my XD's as well. I would rate trigger pull G19>XDM>XD but that's just my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts